+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

FORT Regular

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3690043;
    The Ruins - Blech. I would have been peeved had I spent $ to see this. I mean, that was the best "evil/baddy" they could come up with????

i've already wathched that......
    last year???
    it's nice..but it's really super creepy,....

The Bank Job with Jason Stathom, it turned out to be really good. Its supposed to based on a true story, I'm going to have to look it up more since it really peaked my interest in finding out all the details. I really like movies like that. The Other Boelyn Sister/Girl had the same effect on me (along with watching The Tudors) and wanted to learn all about Henry and his many wives and children.

A friend (a male friend) gave me a copy of Twilight, so I felt compelled to watch it. Wow! That is one bad movie. Also saw Adventureland which I quite liked - very much in tune with the eighties movies it is harkening back to. And I am a big fan of Jesse Eisenberg and Martin Starr (he doesn't get near enough work), so that was a bonus. And the piece de resistance, Trailer Park of Terror, which is exactly what is sounds like, but just a bit more gruesome than you might think.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I watched Mamma Mia! yesterday. It was perfect for a Sunday evening; easy-going, feel-good movie, with some great music.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3700299;
    A friend (a male friend) gave me a copy of Twilight, so I felt compelled to watch it. Wow! That is one bad movie. Also saw Adventureland which I quite liked - very much in tune with the eighties movies it is harkening back to. And I am a big fan of Jesse Eisenberg and Martin Starr (he doesn't get near enough work), so that was a bonus. And the piece de resistance, Trailer Park of Terror, which is exactly what is sounds like, but just a bit more gruesome than you might think.
    ahmmm....
    for me it's nice...
    but it's better if you read it....swear....

I finally saw Lars and the Real Girl. It was odd and heart-wrenching and I quite enjoyed it.

I saw Adventureland too and I liked that as well... I don't have examples to compare and contrast but it felt familiar but not over done
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The House Bunny - Glad I didn't waste one of my Netflix slots for this. My teen boys thought it was funny. I just thought it was really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3704620;
    The House Bunny - Glad I didn't waste one of my Netflix slots for this. My teen boys thought it was funny. I just thought it was really bad.
    Yeah, my 18 year old daughter thinks that it's funny too (for a dumb movie). I thought that there were a few funny moments but it's not a movie that I would recommend. I did think that it was interesting to see Rummer (Rumer?) Willis and Katharine McVey ( Sorry, I know that I spelled their names wrong) in it.

Watched Jumper, boy was it awful. I think it could have been better with better actors and a better script.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I just got back from The Informant!; I really liked it...it's kind of meandering plot-wise, but it has a ton of great fun moments.

+ Reply to Thread