+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 152 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383133 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

My 4yo daughter has decided that she now wants to watch the movie Hairspray (the new version) at least twice a day. I really like this movie, but I have seen a lot of it over the last few days. When I got home yesterday my husband, who is usually very dedicated to watching only action movies, said "You know, that Hairspray movie is pretty good". When he decides to like a movie out of his regular genre it always seems to be WAY out of his regular genre!

Hamlet 2 - It was funny and cuter than I expected. Very quirky though - the first 20 min I was like WTF is this? But stuck with it and the end made it all worth it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

The Secret of Roan Inish.

By Independent filmmaker john Sayles

A sophisticated children's film that the entire family will enjoy.As one reviewer said its a movie that grandparents, parents, and children can watch and all enjoy. Over 90% of the reviewers on Amazon gave it 5 stars. There is nothing Disneyesque about it.

The cinnematography and scenery shot in Ireland is beautiful.

"It is a tale of a girl who discovers that her family has been touched by myth and magic throughout the years. Following the death of her mother, young Fiona (Jeni Courtney) is sent to live with her grandparents on the Irish coast across from Roan Inish, the island where her family once lived. She's told stories about the selkies--seals that can turn into humans--who have been connected with Fiona's family over the ages. At first she's not sure if the selkies are real or mythological, but she later realizes that they hold the key to reclaiming her family heritage.' ( excerpt from editorial review of Jeff Shannon)

I purchased this for $5 at Target with no knowledge of what I was selecting and definitely ended up with a gem.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

Quarantine with Jennifer Carpenter, not to bad. I hated the shaky camera movement but know it was necessary.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. I just watched it again tonight for the second time and I enjoyed it. I liked the music and the characters... the story has been told since the beginning of filmmaking.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Death Race - I liked it. Jason Statham never disappoints.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Yuck. What a lousy movie. It sucked all the heart and fun out of the franchise. The first 2 were so much fun and this was a mess. Don't waste your time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Made for TV (2009) movie "Dead Like Me: Life After Death" based on the series 2003 -2004 ?
    Anyway, they had almost the entire cast.... only older. Mandy Patinkin was missing, and they replaced Daisy Adair with someone else (not as good as Laura Harris IMO and I missed her).
    I think it was sort of a closure movie and even though the writing was not as engaging as in the series, it was fun seeing everyone again.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Little Children with Kate Winslet, loved it and could totally relate to her charactor.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3678110;
    Little Children with Kate Winslet, loved it and could totally relate to her charactor.
    ahmmmm..suggestion...
    watch kate winslet's heavenly creatures....
    it's not nice but you can get something in dealing with lesbian kids....

Farther of the Bride part 2. I've always loved Steve Martin.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread