+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 262 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree1016Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I loved Secret Window. I watch it everytime it's on tv and always find something I missed in that movie!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3542605;
    I know it's a day late but I forgot to come in yesterday so....my husband took me to see Star Trek: It was a lot better than I thought it would be. While I didn't really know any of the actors except for Zoe Saldana (?) (I knew her from another movie a while back that I can't remember the name of off hand), everyone was great! Actually I can't say I didn't know anyone. Winona Ryder and Jennifer Morrison were in it. The problem is I didn't even realize it was them until I saw the credits. And what a great surprise to see Leonard Nimoy in it. And when the character of Scotty said his famous line ("I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!"), I clapped and squealed with delight. He wouldn't have really been Scotty if he didn't say that line. I loved the fight scene with Kirk and Sulu against the 2 Romulan guards. I would have to say as much as I never really liked the original Star Trek series (I was a TNG fan), this movie is definitely going in my collection. I never knew that Spock was 1/2 human (according to this anyway). Interesting developement. Anyway, I really liked it and I would even venture to say that I would be willing to see it again if one of my friends wanted to go.
    Just a bit of a side note: Spock has always been half human and half Vulcan. That is the point in many of the novels, episodes and movies.
    No goat killers on my island.

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood One of my favorite ones because of the telekenetic girl.
    Finding Neverland: I had forgotten how beautiful and sad this movie was. Sobbed like a baby all over again. Johnny Depp really is brilliant.
    The Libertine: This role had to have seriously messed up Depp's mind. I can't imagine playing a role like that and not being at all affected by it (much like HL was by his role as The Joker in Batman).
    Charlie And the Chocolate Factory: I'm watching this right now. Probably one of my favorite roles for him.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Pineapple Express-It had a few funny moments but overall I thought it was totally stupid and thought you must have to be high to really like this film.

Singh is Kinng-it happened to be one of the movies on our On Demand from Comcast (and it was a total blockbuster film-I am so glad that Comcast is putting on some Bollywood movies). It is absolutely hilarious-I highly recommend it. It is on the longer side but still worth it.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Watched Blindness with Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo and thought it was awful. I'm sure there is some great meaning in the flim, but I thought it was a bit stupid. And the whole time I thinking why hasn't the govt tried to figure out why Julianne Moore's charactor hasn't gone blind.

I just watched The Bachelor with Chris O'Connell and Renee Zelweger (sorry, I know I botched the spelling of her last name!) I DEFINATELY reccomend it. It was funny and entertaining from beginning to end.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Three Men and a Baby...is it weird that I also love the sequel. Two great films!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Watched Lakeview Terrace tonight with Samuel L. Jackson. I thought Samuel did a great job as the crazy cop neighbor who didn't like the interacial couple that moved next door. I can't believe people still have a problem with interacial relationships. Maybe it just the older generation that still has a problem with it.

„The Lord of the Rings“ - one of the best films I've ever seen. It is really good, I recommend it for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread