+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 305 FirstFirst ... 204254294295296297298299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3050
Like Tree1402Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

We just saw "Chappaquiddick." Seems pretty true-to-life to me, and not as sensationalized as it could have been.
    momrek06 and AcookerTV like this.
    I'm Paula.

per Google:

Savva. Heart of the Warrior
    2015 ‧ Fantasy/Adventure ‧ 1h 35m

Saava goes on a great journey to free his people from vicious hyenas. Along the way he befriends many creatures, including Angee the wolf, and together these companions try to find the magician's mountain.
    Initial release: November 12, 2015 (Russia)

Director: Maxim Fadeev
    Featured song: I Believe
    Music composed by: Maxim Fadeev
    Screenplay: Maxim Fadeev, Aleksandr Chistyakov, Gregory Poirier
    I just watched this on Netflix and it was named Hero Quest.

This movie is a mess. It has story elements from various cultures and at times is a cross between Southeast Asian, the animated version of Jungle Book think King Louie with a bit of Indian multiheaded gods, and Russian folklore. Characters appear in the storyline and you think why are they there how were they introduced? Maybe in Russian the story, the characters make total sense. However, production crew hired a really bad translator for the script cause in English this story is all over the place.
    No goat killers on my island.

Fanny - We loved Wonder! Just a sweet little film.

On the opposite spectrum - We watched Atomic Blonde this weekend. I had been wanting to see it for a variety of reasons and I was not disappointed. I liked that it wasnt' "pretty" or "perfect" - the action and fight scenes were reminiscent of the type of action movies from the 80s before everything got so sanitized/CGI'd/glossed up. The plot kept me interested up to the very end. Also, I would like the entirety of Charlize's wardrobe for myself please and thank you. The film is a plethora of great coats and shoes/boots.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We just saw "Chappaquiddick." Seems pretty true-to-life to me, and not as sensationalized as it could have been.
    We saw it too this weekend.

All I have to say and I am a Bostonian lived there my whole life until 10 years ago.

TK was always a dirt bag. Liar. Fraud.
    KAREN

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    We saw it too this weekend.

All I have to say and I am a Bostonian lived there my whole life until 10 years ago.

TK was always a dirt bag. Liar. Fraud.
    Knowing you were a Bostonian, I didn't want to say anything that might offend you. But you are absolutely right about TK. I loved how the movie brought out his lack of caring about anything but his own reputation, so he wore that collar to the funeral so people would think he got hurt. I thought way back then (yes, I remember it) that he was faking for sympathy.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Knowing you were a Bostonian, I didn't want to say anything that might offend you. But you are absolutely right about TK. I loved how the movie brought out his lack of caring about anything but his own reputation, so he wore that collar to the funeral so people would think he got hurt. I thought way back then (yes, I remember it) that he was faking for sympathy.
    One thing I really appreciated in that movie was the way they touched on the impact that being the youngest brother following behind 3 amazing men in Joe, John, and Bobby as being a reality of his life ... but also didn't allow that to be an excuse for anything he did. I'd love to see someone pick up where the movie left off in a book or another movie to explore how much of his character remained with what we saw in this movie, or whether or not he ever truly repented / changed later in his life.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    One thing I really appreciated in that movie was the way they touched on the impact that being the youngest brother following behind 3 amazing men in Joe, John, and Bobby as being a reality of his life ... but also didn't allow that to be an excuse for anything he did. I'd love to see someone pick up where the movie left off in a book or another movie to explore how much of his character remained with what we saw in this movie, or whether or not he ever truly repented / changed later in his life.
    I think things would have gone VERY VERY different for TK had we had social media back when he drove off that Bridge.

I mean he leaves her under water and calls NO ONE. Goes back to his hotel and showers and goes to bed. Starts crap that SHE was driving. His father tells him to get an ALIBI

Then the damn NECK BRACE as he says he wants sympathy. Spends the funeral twisting and turning his neck looking to see who was there. What was it 'The Washington Post' caught that.

The Moon Landing helped keep this story mostly on like page 3. Today it would have been on PAGE ONE until he was in JAIL for MURDER. Telling her parents to bury her quickly.

I mean the disgusting behavior was rampant through the ENTIRE movie. Gawd. Despicable.

Again having Social Media in that time would NEVER have allowed TK to go on and have a successful career.

Favorite part was when his wife Joan told him to go 'f' himself.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Not one bit, AZ.

TK was a complete DIRT BAG.

Yes, I loved JFK. But this Kennedy.......nope.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Hurricane Heist - it won't win any awards, but it was a fun action film. I liked the opening sequence...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Juan of the Dead. A zombie apocalypse on the island of Cuba. The movie was a collaboration between Cuba and Spain. A group of friends with not much to do open a business to kill zombies but things get out of hand.

It was meant to be funny but it wasn't that funny. Pales in comparison to Shaun of the Dead which I think it was trying to be like.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread