+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 160 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I'm watching Blow right now. Getting caught up with all my JD movies.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Gran Torino, I actually liked it and thought it was funny as hell. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be a comedy, but me and the family thought it was funny but really good. Clint was perferct for that role.

Taken, I'll have to watch it again because the kids kept interupting but from what I did pay attention it seemed ok.

After Blow, I watched From Hell. God I love JD!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw Public Enemies this morning. On the plus side, the acting was excellent (especially Depp and Cotillard) and the movie was shot very well, especially the gun battles (which should be expected in a Mann movie). On the down side, I thought the pacing was a bit off and there really was no character development. You never get to see what makes Dillinger or Purvis tick and Dillinger's gang members are hardly distinguishable, which is a real shame since they were all portrayed by good actors.

CCL

I thought Public Enemies was incredibly boring. I could hardly wait for it to be over.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Dans Paris - really great performances by Romain Duris and Louis Garrel

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Push: Very good. I love those kinds of movies. Very intense. Great fight scenes.
    Friday the 13th V: A New Beginning: It's been so long since I've seen any of these that I've been trying to catch up on all of them on On Deman.
    Pirates Of the Caribbean: Curse Of the Black Pearl: Just another step to catching up on all my JD movies. Next JD movie after POC is Once Upon a Time in Mexico which I will watch tomorrow.

MRD

Well that's disappointing as I wanted to see Public Enemy. I watched a locally produced documentary on Purvis which I thought was fascinating. He became Hoovers golden boy until he got too successful and then Hoover basically buried him. He took Hoover's publicity and Hoover couldn't stand it and made his life hell. He even apparabtly had the pull to get Purvis' military fitness reports filed as unsatisfactory during WWII. It basically said that a once promising and very good attorney/FBI man/Navy officer made an enemy out of Hoover and the results were he ended up taking his own life after being vilified by Hoover. Purvis was from S. Carolina.

I guess I will wait for the DVD to come out on Public Enemy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

MRD, that is the kind of character development that was totally missing from Public Enemies. Maybe the DVD will have more to offer; who knows, since, based on the movie, I won't be buying it. I just wish the movie had been better--it had such a promising cast, but it left a lot to be desired, plot-wise. Bio-pics can be tough, but if they're done right (e.g. Amadeus) they can be brilliant.

Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives: Again, trying to refresh my memory on all the FTT movies. Careepy. Although I have to admit that some of the death scenes were kind of lame.
    Once Upon a Time in Mexico: Another step in catching up with my JD movies. He was so hot in this. Then again, as I said before, he's always hot. Always has been. Always will be.
    Secret Window: Man, I forgot EVERYTHING about this movie. He was really twisted. There's only one other time I remember seeing him wear eyeglasses (not sunglasses) and that was in Nick of Time. Not sure I like the eyeglass look. Friday, it'll be Finding Neverland and The Libertine. I loved both of those.

+ Reply to Thread