+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

MRD

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Hubby was watching a movie and says to me (i'm in another room) "Oh, here's a Mark Wahlberg movie we haven't seen". I came in later, near the end of the movie and start asking questions about it. Then there is a scene that looks very famililar and I start to wonder and then I say: "I know what's going to happen next." He just looks at me. I then ask: "did this movie start out with him in a cabin with a dog?". My husband says: "Yes".
    Me: "oh, then I've seen this, but I don't remember much about it."

So it must not have been that memorable. It was called Shooter.

So not sure if I would reccomend it as I obviously sat down to watch it and it took me a good 5 minutes to remember I had already seen it. But then again, it may just be me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just watched Vantage Point. My 2nd time seeing it. My husband's 1st time. He wanted to ask questions and I kept saying "I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING! You'll have to watch and see." I'll spoiler this part for those who may not have seen it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There's a scene where we finally see what Barnes saw in the production truck. We see that Matthew Fox is in on the whole thing. There is a nice tight shot of Fox disguised and that's when Barnes figures it out.
    I had to rewind and pause that scene a few times before my husband finally saw it. I kept telling him before he had seen it that he would be shocked by a big twist in the story.
    Incidentally, I feel like a complete idiot. I had already seen it in the theater and heard Barnes refer to the President as Potus and it didn't click. Then when I watched it again today, it still didn't occur to me until the final rescue scene when Barnes said it. "Potus is in hand." All of a sudden I'm like "Oh, duh! I just figured out what Potus means."
    POTUS= President Of The United States.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I watched the Pretty Women again, still very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3153969;
    Hubby was watching a movie and says to me (i'm in another room) "Oh, here's a Mark Wahlberg movie we haven't seen". I came in later, near the end of the movie and start asking questions about it. Then there is a scene that looks very famililar and I start to wonder and then I say: "I know what's going to happen next." He just looks at me. I then ask: "did this movie start out with him in a cabin with a dog?". My husband says: "Yes".
    Me: "oh, then I've seen this, but I don't remember much about it."

So it must not have been that memorable. It was called Shooter.

So not sure if I would reccomend it as I obviously sat down to watch it and it took me a good 5 minutes to remember I had already seen it. But then again, it may just be me.
    I enjoyed this movie - but it's not one that I would see again. Once was enough.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved the TV show OZ and would love to own the complete series! That was a fantastic series!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I watched The Breakfast Club last night on HBO. I forgot how I knew every line in that movie. I was probably driving my neighbors nuts!
    Yup, with donuts!!

It was too hot to do anything else so I watched The Jane Austen Book Club (really liked it) and Daddy Day Camp (predictable but cute).

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Rewatched two movies yesterday - "The Descent" and "American Beauty".

I was very surprised that "The Descent" had a different ending than the one I originally saw - looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently it was released with three different endings. I like the movie a lot, but the ending I saw yesterday didn't leave me thinking about it afterwards like the original ending did.

"American Beauty" is just great. Well acted and perfectly casted. I loved Kevin Spacey even more this time around.
    Last edited by Blues Songstres; 08-06-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Misspelled "perfectly".

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3152640;
    Isn't Eraserhead the weirdest movie? I watched it when I was in Jr High and it really creeped me out!
    I lurve Eraserhead! Stanley Kubrick had the cast of The Shining watch it to put them in the right mood.

I re-watched Terry Gilliam's Jabberwocky the other night, and I enjoyed it. A far, far cry from his best stuff, but it really is shot very beautifully, and I always enjoy watching Michael Palin.

I also watched Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited recently, and also enjoyed it. I don't think he'll ever top The Royal Tenenbaums, but this was very droll and elegant, as per his usual work. Plus, Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, and Jason Schwartzman are a bit of a dream team. I thought it was going to end several times and I didn't want it to, so I was pleased when it kept going.

I'm going to watch Bottle Rocket tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

MRD

Loved the Darjeeling Limited.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread