+ Reply to Thread
Page 292 of 294 FirstFirst ... 192242282283284285286287288289290291292293294 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 2940
Like Tree1288Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm just really tired of the f bomb, and worse.
    Then I'm sure you won't like this movie. Almost EVERY sentence, by almost EVERYONE in the movie . . . especially the four main guys.
    I'm Paula.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Then I'm sure you won't like this movie. Almost EVERY sentence, by almost EVERYONE in the movie . . . especially the four main guys.
    I took it off my Netflix queue...
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best move ever . . . PETER RABBIT.

It's a good thing the theater only had two patrons (us). I might have been asked to stop laughing so loudly . . . because that's what I did for the entire movie.

I'm not normally a big fan of slapstick, but I loved those scenes in this movie. I'm not normally a big fan of cutesy CGI animals who talk, but Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Benjamin were hysterical.

On a scale of 1-10, we both give it a solid 10. As soon as it comes out on DVD, I plan to buy it. It's been several hours since we left the theater, and I still break out laughing when thinking about it.

Not one swear word. Even the infamous "blackberry" scene was funny. I wouldn't have changed one thing about any of it.
    I'm Paula.

Great recommendation!

I just watched 'Imitation of Life' with Lana Turner. It's a movie from the 50's but the themes are relevant for today (sadly). It's about 2 women who live together and their daughters. One woman is black and had a daughter who can 'pass' ....or as her mother puts it 'born to be hurt'. Fantastic. Great performances but warning - you are going to need a LOT of tissues. I was sobbing.

Great movie for Black History Month.
    AZChristian and Stargazer161 like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Best move ever . . . PETER RABBIT.

It's a good thing the theater only had two patrons (us). I might have been asked to stop laughing so loudly . . . because that's what I did for the entire movie.

I'm not normally a big fan of slapstick, but I loved those scenes in this movie. I'm not normally a big fan of cutesy CGI animals who talk, but Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail and Benjamin were hysterical.

On a scale of 1-10, we both give it a solid 10. As soon as it comes out on DVD, I plan to buy it. It's been several hours since we left the theater, and I still break out laughing when thinking about it.

Not one swear word. Even the infamous "blackberry" scene was funny. I wouldn't have changed one thing about any of it.

From the previews...it looks funny! I promised to take my 4 year old nephew. He loves Peter Rabbit..even has a plush doll of it..sleeps with it every night.
    beerbelly and AZChristian like this.
    “Where there is love there is life.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    From the previews...it looks funny! I promised to take my 4 year old nephew. He loves Peter Rabbit..even has a plush doll of it..sleeps with it every night.
    You'll love it as much as he will.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I ended up watching The Ritual last night - and while there were f-bombs flying during the majority of the movie, I mostly enjoyed the film. The ending was a little disappointing, but I love a good "scary-thing-in-the-woods" movie, and the creature was well done. If cussing bothers you, I'd steer clear, but otherwise, horror/thriller fans might like this one.

Also watched Welcome to Willits, pure B-movie horror silliness. Aliens, murderous meth addicts, and doomed young people camping on a marijuana farm. If you like goofy, gory, B-movies, this is a decent one.
    beerbelly likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Paul was on TV last week and I had forgotten how funny it was with the alien sarcasm. Also warm and feely.
    waywyrd likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Not released yet, but the first trailer for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is out. This is one of loveliest books I've read in a long, long time. The trailer looks to be true to the book.
    navybelle and Fanny Mare like this.
    I'm Paula.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Great recommendation!

I just watched 'Imitation of Life' with Lana Turner. It's a movie from the 50's but the themes are relevant for today (sadly). It's about 2 women who live together and their daughters. One woman is black and had a daughter who can 'pass' ....or as her mother puts it 'born to be hurt'. Fantastic. Great performances but warning - you are going to need a LOT of tissues. I was sobbing.

Great movie for Black History Month.
    Saw this film many years ago. Wonderful film but a real tear jerker.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread