+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 152 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Paper Moon one of my all time favorites.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3522049;
    I'm getting caught up with my Johnny Depp movies. Today it's Chocolat. I forgot how gorgeous he was in this. Of course he's gorgeous no matter what. After Chocolat, it will be Blow.
    Chocolat was wonderful. I may have to watch that one again sometime soon...

I'm watching 12 Rounds with John Cena right now. He looks so yummy.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

We watched Meet Dave with Eddie Murphy on one of the cable movie channels this week. It was definitely "dumb" comedy, but my kids thought it was hilarious!

Manhattan - great Woody Allen movie.

Benjamin Franklin.

Thought I'd come back in and give my full review on 12 Rounds: It was actually pretty good. I think I'm beginning to like the acting side of John Cena. Especially if he keeps playing roles like this. First a Marine and now a cop? I guess the directors recognize that John Cena just looks too yummy in a uniform for them to pass him up. There were some comical lines in this movie but for the most part, it was very intense. I loved the guy who played Miles Jackson. I can't think of his name off-hand and I don't think I've ever seen him before but he was very good! The actress who played Cena's girlfriend was pretty good too. Very cute. If you watch it, you will find yourself almost hating the FBI and wanting to scream at them when they first intrude on Cena's character trying to follow Miles' orders in order to get his girlfriend back. Here is the plot of the story: I will spoiler for those who don't wish to know before they see it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    John Cena plays officer Daniel Fisher. One night, Fisher and his partner are chasing down dangerous suspect, Miles Jackson, and his girlfriend, Erica. While Fisher is confronting Erica, she accidentally gets killed. Jackson swears revenge on Fisher. A year later, Fisher finds out that Jackson has escaped prison. He finds out that Jackson now has Molly, Fisher's girlfriend, hostage and in order to get her back, Fisher must do exactly what Jackson tells him to do. There are some innocent deaths along the way. It's basically a race against time. Jackson gives him a certain amount of time to complete each task. Each task is considered a round (like boxing).
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Yet to see 12 Rounds - might have to check it out.
    Just got Regular Lovers in the mail. French film from 2005 but set in the last 60s in Paris. Really enjoyed it!

Benjamin Franklin.

I know it's a day late but I forgot to come in yesterday so....my husband took me to see Star Trek: It was a lot better than I thought it would be. While I didn't really know any of the actors except for Zoe Saldana (?) (I knew her from another movie a while back that I can't remember the name of off hand), everyone was great! Actually I can't say I didn't know anyone. Winona Ryder and Jennifer Morrison were in it. The problem is I didn't even realize it was them until I saw the credits. And what a great surprise to see Leonard Nimoy in it. And when the character of Scotty said his famous line ("I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!"), I clapped and squealed with delight. He wouldn't have really been Scotty if he didn't say that line. I loved the fight scene with Kirk and Sulu against the 2 Romulan guards. I would have to say as much as I never really liked the original Star Trek series (I was a TNG fan), this movie is definitely going in my collection. I never knew that Spock was 1/2 human (according to this anyway). Interesting developement. Anyway, I really liked it and I would even venture to say that I would be willing to see it again if one of my friends wanted to go.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3531950;
    Chocolat was wonderful. I may have to watch that one again sometime soon...
    I love Chocolat and own it. It is probably my favorite Depp movie and the one that started my crush on him. I saw Edward Scissorhands when it first came out and Benny and Joon, but I wasn't a huge fan until Chocolat. Blow was good too. And of course, he will ALWAYS be Capt. Jack Sparrow. What a great role that he obviously had a lot of fun with.

I vegged out on the Bond marathon on USA today. I think I saw 3 Bond movies.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Watched a couple on cable.

Over Her Dead Body - Meh. Had a few laughs, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch it.

The House of Usher - A 2007 movie that looked like it was made in 1987. Supposed to be based on Fall of the House of Usher by Poe. I don't remember the story so I'm going to have to look it up and give it a read. It HAS to be better than this movie, which was utterly ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread