+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 166 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Living Proof: I highly, highly, highly recommend this movie. It is a true story about a dedicated research physician who works for years to get a new breast cancer treatment approved by the FDA. It stars Harry Connick, Jr. as the doctor and other members of the cast include Bernadette Peters, Amy Madigan, Swoosie Kurtz, Amanda Bynes, Angie Harmon, Regina King, Jennifer Coolidge, and more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Over the weekend (thanks to Comcast's free preview of HBO and Cinemax) I was able to watch a lot of movies I wanted to see but didn't feel like paying money to rent (even a dollar at the Redbox).

Street Kings- I thought it was good. Keanu and Forest Whittaker did a good job. I had no idea Hugh Laurie was in it. He looks so hot with a clean shaven face (scruffy too) and his bald spot was extremely visible (compared to the coverup they do on House).

The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton didn't really like it. Can someone tell me why Robert Downey Jr.(I guess he was showing up as Iron Man charactor) showed up at the end to talk to the General about something.

Live Free Die Hard-It was really good and I liked Justin Long in it. I wonder if something like that could actually happen.

Hitman with Timothy Olyphant, it was ok. But Timothy just looked really weird with a bald head. Probably because I had just watched him in Live Free Die Hard couldn't really adjust to seeing him without hair.

Kung Fu Panda it was cute, but my 3 yr old didn't like it.

Space Chimps could only watch the first half hour and then lost interest and turned it off.

Shutter with Joshua Jackson was horrible. I'm sure the Asian version was much better than this one.

Hellboy 2 was surprisingly good. I'm sure they got a third Hellboy in the works since he's gonna be a daddy.

Emma - This version had Gwyneth Paltrow. Well done, I had seen it before but enjoyed watching it again.

Step Up 2: The Streets - The story was completely cheesy and predictable. But the dancing was a lot of fun to watch and I found myself smiling in spite of the formulaic plot.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3505959;
    Emma - This version had Gwyneth Paltrow. Well done, I had seen it before but enjoyed watching it again.
    I loved that version too. One of my friends told me that Clueless was actually based off of Emma. I never made that connection and I used to love Clueless back when I was in school.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Went to see Land of the Lost this weekend and I laughed my arse off. I expected it to be awful, and was pleasantly surprised.
    ignorance is excellence

Madea Goes to Jail was boring and predictable. Worst Tyler Perry movie he's come out with. My favorite movie of his is Why Did I Get Married, that movie is funny and real.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet lady
    The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton didn't really like it. Can someone tell me why Robert Downey Jr.(I guess he was showing up as Iron Man charactor) showed up at the end to talk to the General about something.
    It was to set up the arrangement of a group called S.H.I.E.L.D headed up by Nick Fury. I believe there will be a movie featuring this in the very near future. S.H.I.E.L.D originally stood for Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division but was changed to Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate in 1991. It is a fictional espionage and law-enforcement agency in the Marvel Comics universe created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in "Strange Tales" #135 in August of 1965. It often deals with superhuman threats. Tony Stark was showing up to speak to the General on behalf of Nick Fury to join S.H.I.E.L.D. At least that's how I remembered it.
    ETA: Just checked IMDB and there will be a Nick Fury movie coming out next year. Nick Fury will also be seen in the movie Thor in 2011 and in the movie The Avengers in 2012.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 06-23-2009 at 03:45 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3519590;
    It was to set up the arrangement of a group called S.H.I.E.L.D headed up by Nick Fury. I believe there will be a movie featuring this in the very near future. S.H.I.E.L.D originally stood for Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division but was changed to Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage Logistics Directorate in 1991. It is a fictional espionage and law-enforcement agency in the Marvel Comics universe created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in "Strange Tales" #135 in August of 1965. It often deals with superhuman threats. Tony Stark was showing up to speak to the General on behalf of Nick Fury to join S.H.I.E.L.D. At least that's how I remembered it.
    ETA: Just checked IMDB and there will be a Nick Fury movie coming out next year. Nick Fury will also be seen in the movie Thor in 2011 and in the movie The Avengers in 2012.
    Thank you, Nilesgirl!

You're very welcome, sweet. I personally am looking forward to all future movies featuring Nick Fury.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm getting caught up with my Johnny Depp movies. Today it's Chocolat. I forgot how gorgeous he was in this. Of course he's gorgeous no matter what. After Chocolat, it will be Blow.

+ Reply to Thread