+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 167 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Went and saw "The Hangover" this morning. OMG this movie had me throughout the entire movie. I laughed from begining to end. The pictures at the end, WOW! This movie is a must see!

Nilesgirl, they did show the preview of Final Destination and all I really remember is the death scenes are pretty gruesome.

I also just 'd my way through The Hangover
    The credits were so funny. A little crude, but funny!

That reminds me, I wanted to look up the soundtrack.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3486244;
    Went and saw "The Hangover" this morning. OMG this movie had me throughout the entire movie. I laughed from begining to end. The pictures at the end, WOW! This movie is a must see!

Nilesgirl, they did show the preview of Final Destination and all I really remember is the death scenes are pretty gruesome.
    TY, Sweet. I wanted to make sure the sources were accurate. From what I saw online, it looks pretty intense. I can't believe they would show it during a movie like "The Hangover", though. Seems weird but whatever.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Unbreakable - I had seen this before, but had completely forgotten the ending. Very good movie!!

Much Ado About Nothing - Early 90s, Shakespeare, LOTS of big name actors: Denzel Washington, Emma Thompson, Kate Beckinsale, Imelda Staunton, Keanu Reeves, Michael Keaton, Kenneth Branagh. Funny, very well done, although still frustrating to watch the way women were treated at this time. The characters played by Emma Thompson (Beatrice) and Kenneth Branagh (Benedick) were definitely the highlight of the movie for me!

Like everyone else, I saw The Hangover on Sunday. Mucho hilarity for sure.
    ignorance is excellence

I just watched this movie from 1996 called The Last Supper starring Cameron Diaz. Better than I thought it was going to be. It's about this group of graduates who are extreme liberals and they start inviting these right wing people one by one to their home for dinner. If they can get the right wingers to change their minds and views, they let them go. If not, they kill them. I will tell you that there is one scene that really really bothered me involving a pastor. It was some of the things that he said regarding AIDS. I found myself saying "Oh, wow. Ooooooh." Granted, it's how a lot of people felt when the disease first surfaced but in 1996, more info had surfaced. Anyway, it's not a movie I would say "Oh My God, you have to see this movie" but if you see it at your local video store or see it on your cable (It was on an Encore Mystery), it's worth a watch. Courtney B Vance, Ron Perlman and Annabeth Gish are also in it with appearances by Jason Alexander, Bill Paxton and Mark Harmon to name a few.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I love that movie nilesgirl. It's so weird but funny and scary at the same time!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'd never even heard of it before today.

I watched Feast again last night on Showtime and I love that movie! I will never get tired of the humor and the gore in that movie!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't know why I love this movie but I have to watch it every few months because it is one of my favorites: Connie and Carla. It is about two girls who have to go into hiding so they disguise themselves as dragqueens and wind up singing at caberet style bar/dinner theater. I absolutely love it!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread