+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 272 FirstFirst ... 169219259260261262263264265266267268269270271272 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2717
Like Tree1109Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Wonder Woman - I really enjoyed it. Learning about the back story of how she got her powers etc. This will sound silly but I felt empowered and immediately wanted to get a whip/lasso thing and beat bad guys up.
    Punkin, beerbelly and Arielflies like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Office Space...for the 100th time...
    Arielflies and AcookerTV like this.
    “Our life is shaped by our mind, for we become what we think.” ― Gautama Buddha

Watched Alien: Covenant and The Mummy. I was really looking forward to both, but was sort of disappointed with them. Tom Cruise just didn't do it for me in The Mummy, but the story was okay. And while Michael Fassbender was fantastic in Alien, the other characters did sooo many stupid things, it just irritated me.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I heard Tom Cruise's Mummy was horrible. The rumors were that he had a stranglehold on every aspect of that movie, including the editing. I don't think I'll see it. Fat Russell Crowe makes me sad. I had such a thing for him back in the day. Those legs in Gladiator =
    Last edited by Critical; 07-16-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Went to see Baby Driver yesterday. It was absolutely fantastic. I'd even venture to go into best movie of the year so far territory. It was released at the right time it's a great summer movie. But it's well made and creative enough that it should be in Oscar discussions too.
    JLuvs and Realitychick like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Went to see Baby Driver yesterday. It was absolutely fantastic. I'd even venture to go into best movie of the year so far territory. It was released at the right time it's a great summer movie. But it's well made and creative enough that it should be in Oscar discussions too.
    Completely agree. This was a fantastic movie and easily one of the best I've seen this year. Loved the music too.
    JLuvs likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I heard Tom Cruise's Mummy was horrible. The rumors were that he had a stranglehold on every aspect of that movie, including the editing. I don't think I'll see it. Fat Russell Crowe makes me sad. I had such a thing for him back in the day. Those legs in Gladiator =
    Yeah, he has fluffed up a bit. I've always loved his voice, it's up there with Morgan Freeman. Just so pleasant to listen to.

I need to go see Baby Driver!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I felt the SAME WAY when I saw the previews for The Mummy with Russel Crowe. I even said to my DH - how is RC, an Oscar winner, reduced to these supporting fluff roles? How? Why? I loved Gladiator. I loved LA Confidential maybe more. But he just hasn't been able to recreate that magic. Was it Meg Ryan's fault? His ridiculous drunken behavior? The band thing? What?

Anyhoo, this weekend I watched a truly WTF bizarre movie. So much so, that I'm not sure if it was a bad movie or a good movie or just a wierd movie. Hopefully someone on here will also watch it and share their thoughts - The 9th Life of Louis Drax. I only watched it to see something non-50 Shades that Jamie Dornan was in.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

I think Russel Crowe fell into the same trap that many actors do - he's a GREAT character actor, tried to be a movie star, and fell flat. He can sell movies based on his ability to give a great performance, but I don't think he can sell them on his personality for the reasons you've listed - the Meg Ryan thing wasn't good for him, he's seen as a jerk and a drunk. That said, while I have not seen it, I've heard VERY positive things about Nice Guys. It sounds like he may be trying to fall back into the mode of going unnoticed in strong performances.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Split.: James McAvoy was very good, but I was still pretty bored.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread