+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 154 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I saw Drag Me To Hell today. Loved it! The yellow Oldsmobile was there and that sealed the deal for me. I really thought it was great that the audience was in on the final plot twist but the main character wasn't. (I'm trying not to be spoiler-y.) And my goodness, the garage scene had me not blinking for waaaay too long.

Yellow Oldsmobile? I don't get it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm watching 2,000 Maniacs: I really wish I'd known it was going to be this bloody and graphic. I expected a little gore but ewwww. So far it's been really nasty.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3478428;
    Yellow Oldsmobile? I don't get it.
    I thought it was just me!

Well, I got curious so I turned to Google:
    Las Vegas Weekly : - Drag Me to Hell
    From the moment our heroine walks into the bank’s parking lot and sees a beat-up yellow ’73 Oldsmobile lurking in wait—the same car Ash drives in The Evil Dead—Raimi fans will be in hog heaven.
    I haven't seen any of The Evil Dead movies since I was a kid. I didn't remember the car at all. The one thing that always stuck with me from those movies was Bruce Campbell's dismembered hand trying to kill him!

All I can think of from the Evil Dead movies (I believe it was the original ED from years ago). It was black and white and this couple (or brother and sister) were walking through a cematary and he kept teasing her. "They're coming to get you, Barbara." Was that from Evil Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3479546;
    All I can think of from the Evil Dead movies (I believe it was the original ED from years ago). It was black and white and this couple (or brother and sister) were walking through a cematary and he kept teasing her. "They're coming to get you, Barbara." Was that from Evil Dead?
    Apparently that was Night of the Living Dead...
    Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Memorable quotes

The key to always remembering the Evil Dead movies to me was that Bruce Campbell was the star. They kind of stamped him with a king-of-the-cheesy-B horror-movie title for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3476955;
    I saw Drag Me To Hell today. Loved it! The yellow Oldsmobile was there and that sealed the deal for me. I really thought it was great that the audience was in on the final plot twist but the main character wasn't. (I'm trying not to be spoiler-y.) And my goodness, the garage scene had me not blinking for waaaay too long.
    I didn't really care to see this before. But now I think I will
    Also, is it just me? But when I saw the Monster or whatever it was in the preview I started shouting "I'll swallow yo soul! I'll swallow yo soul!"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3476955;
    Damn, I'm dying to see this! I haven't read any reviews of it yet, glad to hear a good one - thanks PG.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I went to see "Land of the Lost". I'm a sucker for sci fi and special effects. What a waste of time! I didn't expect it to be the best movie I've ever seen but thought it would be entertaining. Boy, was I wrong. It was awful!!!!! The ONLY funny parts, I had already seen in previews. It was so boring that I kept dozing off and then I hear the guy ,across from me, snoring! Yes.... it is THAT bad. Don't waste your money. What a disappointment. Will Ferrel needs to come up with a new character.

I saw a version of Fashion on YouTube that had English subtitles (it's in Hindi)-it's definitely not typical Bollywood fare, I can tell you that much. Not to mention it features my favourite actress (Kangana Ranaut) albeit in a supporting role played to perfection. If you have a lot of free time, you should search for this...

I also saw the first little bit of Raaz 2: The Mystery Continues, also with subtitles (I don't speak a lick of Hindi).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread