+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1151Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

The Road Within - a random pick from Netflix we really enjoyed. A young man with Tourette's joins an anorexic and an OCD guy on a road trip to take his late mom's ashes to the ocean. Sweet, funny, with a few sad moments.

The Assignment - Michelle Rodriguez goes from a hitman to a hitwoman, thanks to Sigourney Weaver. Very odd movie. I didn't hate it, but...eh.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

Passengers - So it was completely different than what I expected it to be. I enjoyed it, but the previews made me believe it was a different type of story. Hard to explain but go in with no pre-conceived ideas and maybe you'll like it. I did. But then I'll watch Chris Pratt in about anything. Could have done without Jennifer's overly dramatic cry face .
    AcookerTV likes this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

WE watched Nocturnal Animals. I really was enjoying it but the ending was a huge disappointment. I was waiting for some twist and just didn't happen. I mean there was some kind of twist but not the one I expected or wanted.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    WE watched Nocturnal Animals. I really was enjoying it but the ending was a huge disappointment. I was waiting for some twist and just didn't happen. I mean there was some kind of twist but not the one I expected or wanted.
    We enjoyed that one too. But I liked the ending...it wasn't a big twist or anything, but she sorta deserved it. It was definitely subdued compared to the rest of the movie, though.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Passengers - So it was completely different than what I expected it to be. I enjoyed it, but the previews made me believe it was a different type of story. Hard to explain but go in with no pre-conceived ideas and maybe you'll like it. I did. But then I'll watch Chris Pratt in about anything. Could have done without Jennifer's overly dramatic cry face .
    Just watched that one last night. I thought it was OK, nothing great really. Chris Pratt was the heart of the movie though and I thought he did a great job.
    Realitychick likes this.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Moonlight. It beats me why this was best picture. We were tempted to turn it off.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

That doesn't surprise me Fanny - I saw it in the theater, and at times wondered why I was there. However, my mind kept on going back to it and there are still times when I reference it dealing with certain subjects, and I think that's why it won best picture. It brought to life the challenges some face in their lives in a way that those of us who don't life like that can understand and relate to.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    We enjoyed that one too. But I liked the ending...it wasn't a big twist or anything, but she sorta deserved it. It was definitely subdued compared to the rest of the movie, though.
    That is probably it, the whole movie was so tense and disturbing that for me the ending just didn't seem to fit. But yes, she got what she deserved.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Million Dollar Baby (good..yet so darn depressing).
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We saw Logan today. I really liked it. Of course, Hugh Jackman earns a movie an automatic 8 from me. It was darker and pretty violent, but the story was "followable." And the guy that played Simon Bricker in Downton Abbey (the art dealer who hit on Lady Grantham) was in it.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread