+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Watched Eight Below yesterday. Oh man I didn't think I'd be balling my eyes out, it was so sad in some parts. It kind of made me want to get a dog, but I came to my senses. I have a 3yr and 1yr old and they are a handful, don't think I'd have the time or the patience to take care of a dog.

Now that I officially have all the JD movies ever made (with the exception of 3 that aren't available in US format), I have started my quest to watch JD grow up. I'm watching his movies from his first to his last. 1st up: Nightmare On Elm Street. I've seen it a thousand times but JD looks so incredibly hot in it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay. Next up: in the process of watching Private Resort
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

No Country For Old Men. Pretty good. Not at all what I expected. TLJ was great. The ending was a major disappointment for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3432291;
    No Country For Old Men. Pretty good. Not at all what I expected. TLJ was great. The ending was a major disappointment for me, though.
    ITA, I really liked the movie, but hated the ending.

I took my young daughter to watch the Hannah Montana Movie over the weekend. It was pretty much what I would expect from a movie version of the show. I am not a fan of country music, but I didn't completely feel like it was being shoved down my throat. Overall it was a cute movie. However, I continue to annoyed by what Miley Cyrus's dentist did to her teeth. I thought her old teeth were kind of endearing, now they look like someone plastered veneers all over them and it just looks strange for some reason I cannot quite put my finger on...

Enchanted: I think this is my 20th time watching this movie. I'm so in love with the music. I think I know almost the whole thing by heart now. Favorite lines:
    [Pip, Nathaniel and Edward are in the hotel room. Pip is trying to tell Edward what Nathaniel is up to.
    PIP (pointing to Nathaniel and whispering)Ssssh
    EDWARD: Oh, (nodding) sssh.
    PIP: Nathaniel....
    EDWARD: Nathaniel....
    PIP: Mmmhmmm. Pip then tries to act out what he's trying to say by jumping up and down.
    EDWARD: Nathaniel likes the way I leap?
    PIP: No no no. (hums Jizzelle's "True Love's Kiss" and then fakes choking and collapses. He then stands up with a flourish and a "ta-da"
    EDWARD: I'm handsome even when I sleep!
    I totally love that. Not only did they make Prince Edward pompous and arrogant but then also made him INCREDIBLY DUMB!
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: This is my 2nd time seeing this and it was my husband's first. Better even the second time around.

Back to watching my JD movies. Today it was Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. Not nearly as bad as I remembered from the first time I watched it. It was actually quite comical watching JD acting out a constant acid/ether trip. LOL

I watched Armageddon again over the weekend with my kids. I know it got some really terrible reviews, but I continue to enjoy that movie...

More JD movies. The Ninth Gate: I had sort of forgotten all about this movie. But then as soon as I started watching it, things started to come back to me. Now I'm watching The Astronaut's Wife: I love this movie. Of course, I love anything that has JD in it. . He is my celebrity husband. LOL

I watched The Ring again last night. This is the one remake of an Asian horror flick where I really prefer the American version over the original. I think it was very well done.

+ Reply to Thread