+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 152 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3409808;
    Savage Garden - what a disturbing movie. I cringed through most of it. It was well done but man it was harsh. To think it's a true story makes it even more gross.
    I can't find anything about this movie. Just the band Savage Garden. Can you explain a tiny bit what it is?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3409835;
    I can't find anything about this movie. Just the band Savage Garden. Can you explain a tiny bit what it is?
    Maybe bug was referring to this one...?

Savage Grace(2007) NR

Director Tom Kalin compellingly recounts the real-life circumstances and events that led to the murder of socialite Barbara Daly Baekeland (Julianne Moore) at the hands of her son (Eddie Redmayne) in 1972. Infidelity, family dysfunction and incest are all part of the unsettling brew in this shocking drama (based on a true story) also starring Stephen Dillane as Barbara's coldblooded husband. Howard A. Rodman penned a Best Screenplay nominee for an Independent Spirit Award.

Thanks Closet... I entered the title in completely wrong!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh wow thanks. That does look unsettling.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

anyone watch "the 10 commandments" last night? it's such a classic ... i could probably recite the movie i've seen it so many times, but i still love to see it when it's on. very colorful, and decent special effects, considering it was done in the 50's!

The I Inside - with ryan phillippe. i hadnt heard of it before but netflix suggested it to me because i like psychological thrillers. it was good. i recommend it.

Kiss of Death - was free on on demand. david caruso n nicholas cage (who i dont like at all) but it was actually good. typical crook working as an informant type drama, but good for a lazy day when theres nothing else on.

Slingblade
    - have been meaning to watch this forever and i thought it was really good. billy bob thornton played his role extremely well. im probably the only person who hadnt seen this movie yet. im only 14 yrs late. lol

Special - with michael rappaport. he plays a guy who goes crazy after being a guinea pig for a pharmaceutical company testing a new drug. we liked it. it was weird and entertaining.
    ignorance is excellence

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3410963;
    anyone watch "the 10 commandments" last night? it's such a classic ... i could probably recite the movie i've seen it so many times, but i still love to see it when it's on. very colorful, and decent special effects, considering it was done in the 50's!
    I just caught a little bit of it.
    The color was breathtaking and, in many ways, I thought early Technicolor surpassed a lot of what we have today. But the fake scenery did get to me pretty quickly.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ghost Town. Ricky Gervais always plays the same role but he's perfect for this. Excellent cast of NY character actors & Manhattan looks lovely.

The Producers (the remake). LOVE IT!!!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Not today, but yesterday : A complete history of my sexual failures . It's a documentary, in which this guy, Chris Waitt, sets out to find why he's been dumped by every girls he's ever dated. He decides that the way to do that is by interviewing all his ex-girlfriends and asking them what they think is wrong with him. It was really funny and ultimately rather sweet. I hope he's doing well .

+ Reply to Thread