+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 152 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3388909;
    Role Models - I thought it was actually pretty slow and boring. I normally love Paul Rudd, but he was just whiny and annoying, not funny like he usually is. Sean William Scott wasn't funny at all. The little black kid was the only funny one in the entire show. I laughed at a few parts, but overall it just seemed slow and like it was never going to end. The overall idea was funny and it shouldve been hilarious, but it just wasnt. I watched it after 4-5 of my friends told me it was crude humor and I would love it. Well, they were wrong.
    Wow that is interesting. I am usually bored by crude humor and I found this one to be incredibly funny. Diffrent strokes
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Let's see, This week I watched for the first time:

Sullivan's Travels- I thought it was hilarious in parts
    Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-hime)- I really liked it, and people thought Wall-e had a lot of pro-environmentalism in the story-Wait till they watch this!
    Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) - I'm surprised that I haven't watched this earlier! Such a great movie I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3388940;
    Wow that is interesting. I am usually bored by crude humor and I found this one to be incredibly funny. Diffrent strokes
    thats because there really wasnt any crude humor in it, other than sexist comments here n there. if there had been i probably wouldve liked it. it was falsely adveretised to me. lol
    ignorance is excellence

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3389005;
    thats because there really wasnt any crude humor in it, other than sexist comments here n there. if there had been i probably wouldve liked it. it was falsely adveretised to me. lol
    That makes sense There was a wee bit. Just enough for a square like me!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Mr. Rattus and I went out to see I Love You Man this afternoon. Loved it, love Paul Rudd, love Jason Segel. And it wasn't nearly as crude as I was expecting it to be, though honestly, crudeness doesn't bother me at all. Not funny, on the other hand, bothers me tremendously. Anyway, apart from being funny, it was very sweet, and the two leads are actually pretty good actors.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3389158;
    Mr. Rattus and I went out to see I Love You Man this afternoon. Loved it, love Paul Rudd, love Jason Segel. And it wasn't nearly as crude as I was expecting it to be, though honestly, crudeness doesn't bother me at all. Not funny, on the other hand, bothers me tremendously. Anyway, apart from being funny, it was very sweet, and the two leads are actually pretty good actors.
    Iwent to see it last night, and I'd agree -- it was a great movie! When i saw the initial trailers I thought it looked stupid and was irritated at Paul Rudd for making it. But I heard such good buzz about it that I decided to give it a try. I thought it was hilarious. I think the last time I heard an audience laughing that much and that often was Wedding Crashers.

I saw I Love You Man this afternoon and really liked it as well. The trailers are misleading and kind of made me think it would be more juvenile, just like you Veruka. I laughed out loud pretty often, which I don't usually do. The acting was good, I agree Rattus. It was a light-hearted kind of film that was perfect for a Sunday afternoon. Not Oscar material, but funny.

Just saw I Love You Man too. My boyfriend and I could NOT stop laughing. It was a lot more funny that I expected and I cant remember the last time I laughed that much during a movie. Definitely the best comedy Ive seen in years. I highly recommend it. The entire movie was great.
    ignorance is excellence

We saw The Haunting in Connecticut. I liked it. It was a little bit different storyline from all the horror movies Ive seen (a ton). Id recommend it. It made me jump a few times, which is rare (and I love).
    ignorance is excellence

Låt den rätta komma in (Let the right one in) a Swedish vampire movie. I read the book also, and even though I liked it, I think the movie's even better. I'm still thinking about it. Definitely recommend it.

+ Reply to Thread