+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 156 FirstFirst ... 52102142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1560
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Ender's Game - Meh, I wasn't impressed. The special effects were well done, but the story fell flat. The acting wasn't great and the story line was completely predictable. I thought it would have been slightly more interesting if Viola Davis played the "tough-as nails" commander and Harrison Ford was the "softie" that cared about the well-being of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Ender's Game - Meh, I wasn't impressed. The special effects were well done, but the story fell flat. The acting wasn't great and the story line was completely predictable. I thought it would have been slightly more interesting if Viola Davis played the "tough-as nails" commander and Harrison Ford was the "softie" that cared about the well-being of the children.
    I had read the book previous to seeing the movie and feel like lots of the details that made the book great were missing from the movie. But it's one of those things that's hard to do. I liked the casting just fine and was okay with the movie but it wasn't fantastic or anything.

I just watched Up In the Air last night. George Clooney was perfect for the part. I thought it was okay. I was looking for a little more comedy when I chose it and the romance was almost there, but I guess the "almost" part was the point of the plot.

FORT Newbie

Re: What Film/s Did You Watch Today?

Divergent

Re: What Film/s Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Mely97 View Post
    Divergent
    I've read the book, but haven't seen the movie yet. Did you like it?

I really need to stop watching The Decoy Bride. It's becoming a sort of illness. I can't help it. David Tennant is just too damned adorable. I will not admit to anyone how many times I've watched it. It's like comfort food.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mzG...&feature=share
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I really need to stop watching The Decoy Bride. It's becoming a sort of illness. I can't help it. David Tennant is just too damned adorable. I will not admit to anyone how many times I've watched it. It's like comfort food.
    I watched it after you posted the other time. It's a cute movie and I liked all the main players. I've been a fan of Kelly Macdonald for years.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It's never going to be on any Best Of lists, but I still love it. I think DT and KM have great chemistry. Also, you know, he's adorable.

I've also watched The Giant Mechanical Man MANY times. I just love it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Fort Member

Just went and saw Gardians of the Galaxy and loved it
    Its just a total escape movie with some very funny bits
    Very enjoyable
    PGM35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    OMG, I've seen this movie and I love it!!! I had no idea what it was when I saw it the first time and I just fell in love with it. No one I have described it to has any idea what I'm talking about!!

I saw Lucy last week. The concept seemed really fascinating and interesting but the movie not so much. At one point I seriously thought the director just wanted to put a bunch of random pictures up on the screen! Very disappointing.
    beerbelly likes this.

I watched Baggage Claim on HBO earlier tonight. Wow, what a stinkfest. Unfunny, bad acting, stupid plot. All I knew about Paula Patton before I watched is that she was married to Robin Thicke. Now I also know that she's a terrible actress. She was irritating and totally unappealing. I imagined even Katherine Heigl in the lead and she would have been much better and more sympathetic...... and I don't even like her. Total waste of Jill Scott and most of the other cast members too.

I try to watch most of the HBO movies as I can, but I wish I'd missed this one. It was really awful.
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread