+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 155 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3258684;
    Would that be George Clooney's character's little invention? That's what did it for me, especially since I was watching it with my adult sons.
    No, that was one of the funny parts..tho I could see how it would be embarrassing with your sons around. I was referring to what happens to Brad Pitt's character........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

speaking of embarassing with sons around, i saw "american pie" with my 16 year old son in the theater. that very first scene was VERY embarassing for me!

I saw "Titanic" sitting next to my at-the-time 16-year-old son ... I was embarrassed during the portrait scene, until I glanced over and saw that my son was sound asleep... He apparently only saw the first 10 minutes and the last 20 minutes or so of the movie.

I'm watching "The 10th Kingdom" on VHS, loaned to me by my daughter-in-law. It has a few good moments, but is very over-acted.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I went with my friend and her daughter to see Titanic when it came out. I sobbed like a child and it made her daughter cry too. I felt so bad when we left!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I used to watch the Young and Restless and I blurted out loud enough for the whole theater to hear and laugh at: "That's Victor!", during Titantic.

I feel about Valkeryie the same way I felt about Titanic: "I know the ending, why do I want to go see the movie?". But I did go and Titanic was a good film.

I HATE Tom Cruise, but I woul like to see Valkeryie (I don't even know if I"m spelling it correctly) even though I know what happens. That's the sucky part of being a history major, when they make a movie about that aspect of history, you already know the story. Not all of it, but the basic outline and in the case of Titanic and Valkeryie, then you pretty much know the ending too. Oh well.

I watched the Brother's McMullen today. It's from the 90's. I was bored. Well it was ok. 2 hours of my life I won't get back. But it didn't just suck. It was sort of entertaining. I guess.

Glowing reccomendation that was huh?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3259484;
    I HATE Tom Cruise, but I woul like to see Valkeryie (I don't even know if I"m spelling it correctly) even though I know what happens. That's the sucky part of being a history major, when they make a movie about that aspect of history, you already know the story. Not all of it, but the basic outline and in the case of Titanic and Valkeryie, then you pretty much know the ending too. Oh well.
    As long as the movie is well made, I find that knowing the ending usually doesn't bother me. In fact, with movies like Titanic and just about any version of Romeo and Juliet I find that by the end I am hoplessly wishing that this time it would end differently -- then I bawl my eyes out when it doesn't!!

I decided the other day that I really wanted to watch Disney's Beauty and the Beast with my 4yo daughter. I looked on Netflix but they don't have it, so I dropped by the local video store and they don't stock it either! Since I am not patient enough to wait for Disney to get around to releasing it from their "vault" again, I went on amazon.com and picked up a used copy of it. Fortunately the copy I got was what it was represented to be (the real thing and good condition, not a bootleg or trashed copy). It was definitely worth it, I really like that movie!

After seeing Titanic, my sister told me that she had always known the story, of course - but seeing the movie made her realize it was a lot of PEOPLE that died, not just a number. Made it more real for her.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3259484;
    I used to watch the Young and Restless and I blurted out loud enough for the whole theater to hear and laugh at: "That's Victor!", during Titantic.
    I did exactly the same thing!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

I went today to see Slumdog Millionaire. It was absolutely brillant! In the very beginning, it took a minute for me to figure out the pace and how the story was being told. But as soon as I figured that out, I started falling in love with the characters, and it flowed brillantly from there. As I was walking out of the theater, I actually got alittle teary eyed, because I didn't want to have to leave the characters behind.

MRD

bbnbama, thank goodness I'm not the only one that did that.

I watched a bio of Ron Howard today. VERY interesting. He has been in tv and film for 50 years now. Anyway, they did a rather lenghty preview of Frost/Nixon and he talked about it quite a bit and now I want to see it more than ever. I also want to see Milk. As I haven't been to the movie theater in 9 months, I can't wait to go see both. Maybe this weekend.
    But if you do get to see the Ron Howard Special, I highly reccomend it. It's called (interestingly enough. ) Ron Howard: 50 years in film.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread