+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 155 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

MRD

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

My husnand got Up in Smoke for Christmas. I am pretty sure I haven't seen that movie in at least 25 years. But I LOVE Cheech and Chong and while the movie is stupid, it's still funny and it brought back a lot of great memories because when I was a teenager, Cheech and Chong were at the height of their career and they were just so funny. Our local radio station at the time used to run some of their album clips on the radio.

Anyway, we had fun laughing and remembering what it was like to be young and stupid and thinking this was the BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I watched Four Christmases in the theaters last night and rented The House Bunny on DVD. I have to say that both movies aren't that great. I love Reese (she happens to be my favorite actress) and Anna Faris, but I've definitely seen better and funnier movies.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Today I kinda watched Two Weeks Notice (while reading and trying to get rid of a headache) and about the last half of Robin Hood: Men In Tights.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Saw "Doubt". Very well done and well acted.

MRD

We watched The Perfect Storm again. Same ending, didn't change from the last time I saw it or read the book.

And Hubby watched The Shootist and True Grit. I read, seen both so much I can recite the dialog.

He's gearing up for the Countdown with Clint on New Year's Eve. AMC is doing a Clint Eastwood film festival (and it will not have Million Dollar Baby or Bridges of Madison County). I'm just glad I have to work now.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My S.O. and I watched "Mad Money" last night with Diane Keeton, Queen Latifah and Katie Holmes.....it was an OK movie...couple of funny parts but I wouldn't have spent money to rent it or go see it at the movies!

mrd, I watched "The Perfect Storm" again the other day for the gazillionth time ...I still love that movie and still get teary eyed at the end!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I expected more from Mad Money. But again, like the Women, it entertained me one afternon when I was bored. I like Diane Keaton. She always has so much energy.

Premium Member

My son got "Burn After Reading" for Christmas, so we watched it Friday night. It had it's funny moments, Brad Pitt was hilarious, but overall I thought it was just weird.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3258606;
    My son got "Burn After Reading" for Christmas, so we watched it Friday night. It had it's funny moments, Brad Pitt was hilarious, but overall I thought it was just weird.
    I went to the theater to see this and agree that there were some funny parts and that Brad was hilarious but after one certain moment in the movie (I won't say what it is but anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about), I lost all interest in the movie and was ready for it to be over with.

The Coen Brothers, who directed it, are always a little twisted and off kilter so I shouldn't have been surprised by it.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member

Would that be George Clooney's character's little invention? That's what did it for me, especially since I was watching it with my adult sons.

+ Reply to Thread