+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It's hysterical. And its not like Jackass - just doing stunts to see how far you can go. There was a storyline to follow, full of pranks on real people (they had to sign releases). Way good. I am hoping for another one!
    Yes, my husband and brother were talking about this movie this weekend. Said it was so funny in part because he seemed to actually be getting some of the people to go along with him! They mentioned the scene where he wants to mail his grandson and I guess at one point one of the guys actually seems to question whether they can do it!?

On the other side of the spectrum, I took my kiddies to the Frozen sing along this weekend. It was actually a lot of fun. And the more I see that movie, the more I REALLY like it!

I finally got around to watching Doubt. What a good movie and a real tour de force in acting. Wow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I went retro & watched Pretty In Pink last night. I love love love this movie. One of my favorites.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I love that movie, but I still cringe about Andrew McCarthy's horrible wig at the prom. In my alternate ending, Andie sees his hair and chooses Ducky (just like she did in the original ending)
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank God for Turner Classic Movie's annual "30 Days of Oscar" marathon every February.

Today's treat was The Remains of the Day with Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson and Christopher Reeve.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I love that movie, but I still cringe about Andrew McCarthy's horrible wig at the prom. In my alternate ending, Andie sees his hair and chooses Ducky (just like she did in the original ending)
    Can I just say, I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to his hair. Usually I'm too hypnotized by Steff's fluffy feathered locks. Has anyone ever seen the original end of this movie? My older self now does not understand how she couldn't go for Ducky's hipster glasses and swank bolero but my teen self was totally Blaine all the way.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Count me in for Ducky.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Can I just say, I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to his hair. Usually I'm too hypnotized by Steff's fluffy feathered locks. Has anyone ever seen the original end of this movie? My older self now does not understand how she couldn't go for Ducky's hipster glasses and swank bolero but my teen self was totally Blaine all the way.
    I doubt many people have seen it, aside from the people in the test screenings, who hated it. Hence, the change and AM's horrid wig, since he'd apparently shaved his head (or at least cut it very short) for a role.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gravity - I was not wanting to see this as I am not a big space person. get bored easily... Plus I was concerned that we were not going to see it in IMAX and get the full effect, rather then our small TV in our living room... But I let my husband win this time... Well I was captivated by it. What a beautifully visually stunning movie. The effects were amazing. Just gorgeous, cannot say enough about that. The acting was ehhhh. But that didn't bother me. Several times my husband and I were yelling at the TV because Sandra Bullock was annoying and didn't seem to be hurrying up when she needed to be... But I really enjoyed the movie and the idea of being "lost in space" was very frightening for me to visualize. I wasn't bored at all by the movie, but found it comical that after everything she went through there was the water scene at the end. I was entertained.

Ride Along - Kevin Hart is HILARIOUS. Thought is would be a little funnier but still really enjoyed it. Just stupid humor which I need more in this season of my life.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Gravity - I was not wanting to see this as I am not a big space person. get bored easily... Plus I was concerned that we were not going to see it in IMAX and get the full effect, rather then our small TV in our living room... But I let my husband win this time... Well I was captivated by it. What a beautifully visually stunning movie. The effects were amazing. Just gorgeous, cannot say enough about that. The acting was ehhhh. But that didn't bother me. Several times my husband and I were yelling at the TV because Sandra Bullock was annoying and didn't seem to be hurrying up when she needed to be... But I really enjoyed the movie and the idea of being "lost in space" was very frightening for me to visualize. I wasn't bored at all by the movie, but found it comical that after everything she went through there was the water scene at the end. I was entertained.
    [
    I just saw it and it would have served better on the bigger screen. It was visually stunning but the story was just okay. I still enjoyed it.

+ Reply to Thread