+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

^ Gee, I hadn't seen that movie (Lethal Weapon) in ages, but I probably would have rated it higher at the time because I was a HUGE Mel Gibson fan at the time (before all his anti-Semitic rants) and I honestly thought it was a really good movie, and I generally DON'T enjoy action flicks.

Finally got around to seeing "Enough Said", the romantic comedy starring Julia Louis Dreyfuss and the late James Gandolfini. It really was delightful. A sweet little movie. Big plusses were Toni Collette as Julia's bf and Catherine Keener, whom I always enjoy. First time seeing Ben Falcone, husband of Melissa McCarthy, act, from what I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Finally got around to seeing "Enough Said", the romantic comedy starring Julia Louis Dreyfuss and the late James Gandolfini. It really was delightful. A sweet little movie. Big plusses were Toni Collette as Julia's bf and Catherine Keener, whom I always enjoy. First time seeing Ben Falcone, husband of Melissa McCarthy, act, from what I can recall.
    He was in Bridesmaids too. He is one of those actors you don't notice but is in a number of films.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Watched the original version of The Bad Seed this afternoon. I don't think you can beat the old black-and-whites at this time of the year. The more the merrier! Watched Motel Hell a couple of days ago!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

^ Gee, I hadn't seen that movie (Lethal Weapon) in ages, but I probably would have rated it higher at the time because I was a HUGE Mel Gibson fan at the time (before all his anti-Semitic rants) and I honestly thought it was a really good movie, and I generally DON'T enjoy action flicks.
    That's the disadvantage I have as a 2013 reviewer. I may at times be unintentionally biased towards older movies. Like with Poltergeist a while back.

I usually like action movies. And I liked Mel in this movie.

I still plan to watch the others in the series.

For me, 3.5 / 5 is not a bad rating.

Anything under 2.5 would be a failure. It's 50%.

I don't give 5s out easily. I thought about giving LW a 4 at first.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 10-27-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Well, tonight I attempted to check out something that interested me, for entertainment purposes, but I was disappointed.

I always wondered what a live action Family Guy movie would be like. So I searched to see if there was anything I didn't know of. Unfortunately all I came across online was a 90 minute adult movie. But I checked it out.

While I think the actors portrayed their characters well, it was obviously not for me. But really. The character imitation wasn't that bad. The costumes were spot on.

The first couple minutes had enjoyable and somewhat humorous dialogue but it all went downhill from there. The plot consists of the four guys (Cleveland too, even though he left in the actual series) wanting to get their way with their wives. And they do. But fast forwarding showed me that that took up the majority of the 90 minutes. I noticed that the beginning of each scene had a couple minutes of dialogue as well. I could have used a lot more chit chat and humor and less of the other stuff. But what more can I expect from a triple X film.

Bleh. What am I doing.

Yeah I won't get into much more detail. People should know what I'm talking about.

But, if these guys ever plan to get together for an actual Family Guy live action movie, it might not be that bad.

But they're strictly adult film actors, so I doubt it. and I know I won't be planning on watching anything like this for entertainment again. that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    But they're strictly adult film actors, so I doubt it. and I know I won't be planning on watching anything like this for entertainment again. that's for sure.
    It's probably a good idea not to review any more of them here either
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree. I purposely didn't go into any details, like I said. And I also purposely avoided the p word.

Whenever I decide to watch another movie, it'll be Lethal Weapon 2.

So when I finish, I'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Watched the original version of The Bad Seed this afternoon. I don't think you can beat the old black-and-whites at this time of the year. The more the merrier! Watched Motel Hell a couple of days ago!
    That is a creepy movie. That child actress is so demonic.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I remember reading The Bad Seed when I was pretty young. Great book and excellent film adaptation.

I just rewatched Lincoln on Shotime, On Demand. What a wonderful movie. I don't know that anyone has brought more such excellent movies into my life than Steven Speilberg, starting with Duel.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread