+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think it was implied that she became possessed after playing with a Ouija Board.
    Yes, I remember now. Thank you.

Exorcist didn't really have any jump-scares, which I recall. That's good. I don't want to have a heart attack while watching a movie.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    OMG, I saw The Exorcist only once, and that was after reading the book. I was still in high school, maybe 16, and we went to see it in NYC. I sat way up front and watched the film while holding my hands up to my eyes. I never could watch a horror film and still don't to this day. I can still picture that infamous 360 degree head spin. For at least a week, I crawled into my younger sister's twin bed at night and slept with her. That's how scared I was. Once was enough.

FM , I saw Good Will Hunting more than once, myself. I really enjoyed it and Matt and Ben were so young when they wrote the screenplay.
    I'll never forget reading The Exorcist back in junior high school....was creeped out for days. Watched the movie years later and liked it but for me it had nowhere near the same creep factor as the book. I think its because with reading the book my imagination was so vivid as I pictured the story in my head that there was no way the actual movie could live up to the images I'd pictured in my head.

That said, the actual visual of Linda Blair's character walking down the stairs in reverse all-fours is quite a haunting sight to see. EEK!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

ECM I still love Matt and Ben, they have gone on to do movies that I have really enjoyed.

As for the The Exorcist I love it. Hubby can't stand the move, I mean he gets really upset by it. I can't figure why , its just pea soup
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

LOL at the pea soup comment, Fanny. I just am a big old wuss. I can't watch any horror movies, even the ones my kids say aren't frightening.

I did love watching Rod Serling's Twilight Zone series, though. They weren't scary, just suspenseful.
    Florimel likes this.

I think we might read the book for horror book club. I've never read it. Now the movie I have seen many times. First time I saw was with a good friend when I was about 13 at a sleepover. We slept with crucifixes that night.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think we might read the book for horror book club. I've never read it. Now the movie I have seen many times. First time I saw was with a good friend when I was about 13 at a sleepover. We slept with crucifixes that night.
    Oh that is so sweet! Now the movies are so gruesome , I am sure younger ones would laugh at this movie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh that is so sweet! Now the movies are so gruesome , I am sure younger ones would laugh at this movie
    Probably. We were terrified!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm gonna start watching some movies my family owns on DVD.

First off, it's going to be Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts. Ready to go.

So it took a while, but I am done.

As is often the case, it takes me a little while to get into a movie. A movie may start out neutrally in a way that causes me to not have any interest, but as it gets deeper into the film, the more it pulls me in. And usually, I end up liking it. That was the case here.

I enjoyed the acting, I enjoyed a lot of the scenes, scenery, and characters.

The one thing that I didn't really like was that the relationships Julia built with the characters overtime, and what we saw of them, felt a bit too rushed. But other than that, I thought it was a good movie. And no I never read the book.

Now for my rating, I'm stuck between a 3.5 and a 4. Either one works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    ...But other than that, I thought it was a good movie. And no I never read the book.
    Not reading the book may have worked in your favor for this one. In the book I thought the author came off as incredibly pretentious!!

+ Reply to Thread