+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I'm done.

It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.

The plot and turns were interesting. Arnold's original persona being a mole tricking his new self into leading the bad guys to Kuato was pretty entertaining. Caught me by surprise, kind of. The acting was fine (not great by any means). The fight scenes were ok. I thought the best looking mutant was Kuato. The rest were mediocre. Michael Ironside looks like Jack Nicholson.

Yeah there's not much I can say. I'd like to watch the remake some day though. It might be better.

My favorite quote:

"Relax, Quade. You'll like being Hauser."

"The guy's a f***ing a**hole!"

2.5/5

Okay enough to pass.

I finally just watched Argo. (It's now available On Demand on Showtime or HBO, I forgot which.)

I really liked it, but I couldn't figure out a few things. Why wouldn't the team of 6 have the date they arrived into Iran be stamped on their passports? Even being given new passports with fake ID's the date of entry stamped by Iran would be missing, right? Perhaps I missed something. I know they had those little pieces of paper they were given upon arrivial, but wouldn't the stamp in the passport be the official entry date?

Man, I love Bryant Cranston.

I watched The Anderson Tapes on TCM. I hadn't seen that movies in decades and had forgotten some of it. It was a really good caper movie with a great cast and an interesting point of view. It was well worth watching again.

One thing that really made me smile was seeing in the opening credits, "Introducing Christopher Walken." He looked so young. I also enjoyed seeing an old Margaret Hamilton.

It starred Sean Connery, Dyan Cannon, and the cast also included Martin Balsam, Alan King, Conrad Bain, and Garrett Morris, among others.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I tried watching Grown Ups with Adam Sandler again. It just sucks. No plot, stupid dialogue, stupid and gross scenes, it's the typical Adam Sandler suckage. And to think I liked his movies when I was little.

0.5/5

FORT Fogey

I'm STILL trying to figure out why on earth there was a need to make a Grown Up 2.
    JohnnyK likes this.

What idiots decided to waste money on a sequel to one of the worst movies of all time? i don't know. People do crazy sh*t for their own irrational benefits.

FORT Fogey

I can understand why they'd all WANT to make the movie. I would guess that for all the guys in it, it's a lot of fun to have an excuse to come back and hang out together again. So I'm kind of impressed they managed to get a movie studio to fund their reunion vacation ... twice.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Sure. I guess we should just view it as a group of guys getting together and doing all kinds of crazy things. Still not my idea of a good movie though.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Star Trek: Into Darkness. I purchased the DVD as I had the first movie already. Wow with the love for this sequel.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm planning on watching Hunger Games soon. I was gonna watch it with a friend, but I decided I don't like watching movies with other people. I only take it in when I am alone. Alone.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread