+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

What Films Did You Watch Today?

I saw the new Halle Berry movie The Call with my Dad today. The bad guy, who I didn't recognize from anything was supremely evil. I was on edge until the very end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I went to see Oz this afternoon & was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. There is a little China girl character that will bring tears to the eyes.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Just watched Rock of Ages on HBO. Meh. Like Pierce Brosnan, Alec Baldwin should never ever sing again. Ever. I really like Russell Brand, but that kiss between him and Alec was scarring. There was nothing sexy about it. At all. It was just awkward and weird.

Tom Cruise.....EH.
    I watched it the other morning. So very bad. I went in with low expectations and was not disappointed.
    libgirl2 and AZChristian like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

We are going to be watching Lincoln tonight. Lets see how it goes. DH and I are big history buffs and we did read the Vampire Hunter book (lol!).
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    We are going to be watching Lincoln tonight. Lets see how it goes. DH and I are big history buffs and we did read the Vampire Hunter book (lol!).
    Lincoln has some incredible performances from the entire cast. I think you'll like it.

Haven't really watched any movies this week because I've gotten side-tracked by the Watchathon on Comcast this week. I've binge-watched House of Lies (part of season 1 that I missed and all of season 2) and The Borgias from Showtime and now I've moved on to Banshee on Cinemax. Everything's free until the end of Sunday, so I've got a lot more watching to do!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What Films Did You Watch Today?

Just watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Thought the whole movie fantastic and a superb lineup of actors. Putting this on my Mum's blockbuster list as I am sure she would love it.
    Florimel likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Downton Abbey season two. We love an Abbey-fest
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Lincoln has some incredible performances from the entire cast. I think you'll like it.
    I love DDL and the cast is stellar. I just need to stay awake. I work late and we usually are snoozing by 9pm.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It was fabulous. I liked that they didn't gloss over Mary Lincoln mental issues. they also showed just how hard it was to pass that amendment and the sometimes hard to hear arguments against it. The performances were outstanding, especially DDL. He managed to show the angular, spindly limbs (does that make sense?), the slump of the shoulders, the inner sorrow, the humor, the homey nature yet the cunning wit and intelligence.

+ Reply to Thread