+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 155 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1547
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Not good. At all.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It's in my queue and for some inane reason I'm keeping it there. All I've read are posters' bad reviews and I can't stand vampires. I don't know why, but it is still there. Of course, it won't make it to the top until the next millennium, but there you go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It's in my queue too! Sometimes, I put things in my DVD queue so that when it's available streaming, I'll know. I'll admit that I do have a fondness for really cheesy action/scifi/fantasy movies, so I might end up enjoying this one as a "it's so bad it's good" flick.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. But, I like cheesy and vampires, so I was happy.

Watched most of Project X that HBO had on this past weekend. How very stupid it was. Teenage megaparty gone wild, houses burned down, cars in pools, neighborhood destroyed. Whatever.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's in my queue too! Sometimes, I put things in my DVD queue so that when it's available streaming, I'll know. I'll admit that I do have a fondness for really cheesy action/scifi/fantasy movies, so I might end up enjoying this one as a "it's so bad it's good" flick.
    I like cheesy and I love scifi/fantasy. I was *hoping* for something silly/crazy like Zombieland. I didn't get it. The special effects were okay overall, but the vampires were nothing new or interesting. You have to COMPLETELY suspend your knowledge of history, and I had a hard time doing that. There were changes to "vampire lore" with no explanation whatsoever. WHY were the vampires walking around in the daylight all the time!? Worst of all, I didn't find the story even a little bit engaging and actually dozed off at one point.

For those who still plan to watch, I hope you enjoy it more than I did!!

Family went and saw Oz in 3d last night, and I LOVED it. The visuals were beautiful and even tho I knew the story of the Wizard of Oz I didnt see where anything was going. (I purposely had not read any articles/reviews before going to see it, I didnt want anything ruined for me). There were a couple parts where my 6 year old got scared, but she came out saying that was her new favorite movie lol
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey last night. I admit to being a Tolkien geek and I did love it. Martin Freeman is terrific as the younger Bilbo Baggins, and I was suprised to see his Sherlock cohort, Benedict Cumberbatch appear briefly as the Necromancer. Loved seeing the Lord of the Rings actors again, too, and that Andy Serkis was a 2nd unit director.

I am desolate at having to wait two years to see all three films.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Sorry for the immediate followup, but it was too late to edit my last post and I forgot to include the following.

My son pre-ordered The Hobbit film for me from Walmart as a birthday gift. The DVD is in the mail to me now, but it came as part of a package that allowed me to own and and stream it to my tv along with some special features on Vudu effective March 12.
    I thought this was a pretty good deal that comes with a lot of extras, so I'll probably watch for similar offers in the future. Did everyone but me know that Vudi is owned by Walmart?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

We watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on cable last night. What a gem of a movie with a great cast...Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, and Dev Patel. It was funny and heart-warming at the same time. I haven't liked a movie this much in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    We watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on cable last night. What a gem of a movie with a great cast...Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, and Dev Patel. It was funny and heart-warming at the same time. I haven't liked a movie this much in a long time.
    I loved that movie ECM . What a great cast
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread