+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 152 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1512
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

I know its not quite a movie but, I just started the British TV series Call the Midwife. Its based on the memoirs of a woman who was a midwife/nurse at a convent facility in the late 50s in London's East End. Much poverty, many babies and surprising story lines. Fascinating show.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know its not quite a movie but, I just started the British TV series Call the Midwife. Its based on the memoirs of a woman who was a midwife/nurse at a convent facility in the late 50s in London's East End. Much poverty, many babies and surprising story lines. Fascinating show.
    Its so good! I loved it. The second season starts in March on PBS
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its so good! I loved it. The second season starts in March on PBS
    Yay! I have to finish the episodes I have left. I love Chummy!

CCL

Yay at Midwife love. I'll expect you all to post in the Masterpiece thread come March when Season 2 is on.

Warm Bodies -in a post apocalyptic world, a zombie falls in love with a human girl (after eating her boyfriend's brains, of course). I wouldn't say great, but it was good.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yay at Midwife love. I'll expect you all to post in the Masterpiece thread come March when Season 2 is on.

Warm Bodies -in a post apocalyptic world, a zombie falls in love with a human girl (after eating her boyfriend's brains, of course). I wouldn't say great, but it was good.
    I will! I was going to already but there is much Downton Abbey love going on. Another show I want to watch!

Thanks for the heads up on Warm Bodies. I am debating about reading it for our horror book club.

I can't believe I watched Battleship not once, but twice. It wasn't because it was so great. There was nothing else on. Pretty bad acting all around and very cheesy. I'll admit I enjoyed the part with the veterans and the Missouri. What can I say? Sometimes I'm a sucker for the cheese.

I like Taylor Kitsch, but I think it's probably because of the way he looks. I haven't seen him in anything since FNL that made me think he can act.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I will! I was going to already but there is much Downton Abbey love going on. Another show I want to watch!

Thanks for the heads up on Warm Bodies. I am debating about reading it for our horror book club.
    I missed a ton of Downton, so I got season 1 from the library- loving it, and missing the UK accents
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

As it is a holiday and the pope resigned, I just watched Mea Maxima Culpa. I feel sick.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I, too, watched Mea Maxima Culpa last Saturday, and will probably watch it again now that I am over the strong disappointment and disgust.

Can't help but think that this movie, in part, had something to do with "Benny 1-6's" timing to step down. As I get more experienced (read "older") I've come to finally believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence.
    PhoneGrrrl likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Watched The Lucky One on HBO earlier. I normally hate Nicholas Sparks adaptations, but I have a slightly inappropriate crush on Zac Efron, so I enjoyed it in spite of myself. Plus, Blythe Danner is always good.

I couldn't believe how much the actor who played Taylor Schilling's brother looked like JP from the Bach'ette in the picture they showed late in the movie. I actually had to go to imdb and look it up to be sure it wasn't him. In some of the actor's other pics, he looks different, but in the picture of him with the little boy, he looks like JP's twin! Pictures & Photos of Kendal Tuttle - IMDb
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread