+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1532
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    We are watching Call the Midwife now too! Love it!

Does anyone here get Netflix with streaming from your tv? I'm looking into this.
    I am in love with the big tall Chummy!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We are watching Call the Midwife now too! Love it!

Does anyone here get Netflix with streaming from your tv? I'm looking into this.
    I don't stream directly from my TV, but we do stream via Roku and our blu-ray devices. If possible, research what the interface looks like in the device you are considering. I have found that the interface in Roku is much more useful than the interface we have on our blu-rays. On our Panasonic blu-ray we can only stream things that are already in our Netflix instant queue. On Roku we can search and browse, which makes the interface MUCH more powerful. We also have a Sony blu-ray that streams, but I haven't had it long enough to explore the interface. I suspect that it is likely to have the same instant queue limitation that our other blu-ray player has.

One other minor thing to keep in mind if you have kids in the house. Netflix limits your account to only stream content to two devices simultaneously. We have four kids at home, so with access to Netflix on laptops, via Xbox and Wii, and on Roku and blu-ray we occasionally hit this issue.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-29-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I use Roku and love watching the streamed movies on my TV rather than my laptop. Roku is easy to install, but you should have a router set up for the wifi connection to your Netflix queue online.

Speaking of...I had to order the first Prophesy movie on DVD, but #2 and #3 were available on streaming, so once I viewed the DVD (last movie I watched) I turned my TV tuner to channel 1 and watched the other two - like a marathon.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks for these tips on Netflix on tv. Let me make sure I have this straight. I need to get the Roku wireless player and have wireless internet in the house. Do you need any particular strength on the router?

Thanks for these tips on Netflix on tv. Let me make sure I have this straight. I need to get the Roku wireless player and have wireless internet in the house. Do you need any particular strength on the router?
    The specs on all the current generation Roku devices (Roku Box | Roku Streaming Player) say "802.11n Wi-Fi (b/g/n compatible)". This is a pretty wide range because 802.11b routers would be pretty darn old. I would guess that if you currently have a wireless router in your home, a current Roku would probably work with it (but you should definitely verify to be certain!)

Thanks! I got one for Christmas and it's working fine. I think the Netflix idea might work out well. I have just haven't been happy with the movie selection by Time Warner Cable. Plus, they are usually $4.99 each.

Keep your eyes open for this upcoming movie. The little girl who stars in it is from my hometown of Raleigh, NC. She is cute as a button and so mature! It looks very good. IT was also filmed in NC. It's called Safe Haven.

Raleigh girl hits big screen in Nicholas Sparks movie :: WRAL.com

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

If you have Amazon (and are a Prime member) their movies for free and pay can also be streamed with Roku. Plus, they have the subscription Hulu on their menu. That is not something to which I subscribe so can't vouch for it, but I have used the Amazon connection, though I use Netflix more.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Is it weird I really liked Clash of the Titans but couldn't get through Wrath either? I can't decide if these movies are supposed to actually be good. I really like Ralph Fiennes as Hades.

And agree on Jason Statham, but I couldn't help but fall asleep through Expendables 2. Again - I'm trying to remember what I liked so much about the first one, because part 2 seemed so lousy. Maybe I was missing Mickey Rourke.
    I'm more a fan of the original Clash of the Titans myself. I like the old school stuff. Plus, I saw it a million times when I was a teenager, so there's the nostalgia factor. With the new ones, so much seems to happen, but then NOTHING seems to happen. Too much focus on special effects and not enough on plot, IMO.

I haven't seen Expendables 2. I barely made it through the first one even with Jason Statham. I couldn't believe they made a sequel. I thought they blew everything up in the first movie.

I finally saw Margaret with Anna Paquin. I say "finally" because I've been waiting to see it since about 2007, when it was supposed to be released. In short, it's the story of a teenage girl who witnesses (and thinks she is partially to blame for) a horrible bus accident where a woman is killed. The girl finds herself so emotionally affected that she sets out to make things right. The scene of the bus accident was just gut-wrenching. Anna was amazing. She (and Allison Janney, who plays the accident victim) had me in tears. Oddly enough, the actress who played her mother in the movie - J. Smith-Cameron - played Sam's birth mother on True Blood. I kept wracking my brain to remember if she and Anna had ever had scenes together on TB.

Anyway, lots of drama and conflict, but I thought it was worthwhile. A shame it wasn't released until now.

I was looking for something light the other night and watched Overnight, a little sort of rom-com set on an red eye from LA to NYC. Cute and fluffy, with Rachel Blanchard and James D'Arcy, as well as Anthony LaPaglia as the pilot. Better than I expected. R-rated mainly for language, so beware - it's not family fare.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Is it weird I really liked Clash of the Titans but couldn't get through Wrath either? I can't decide if these movies are supposed to actually be good. I really like Ralph Fiennes as Hades.

And agree on Jason Statham, but I couldn't help but fall asleep through Expendables 2. Again - I'm trying to remember what I liked so much about the first one, because part 2 seemed so lousy. Maybe I was missing Mickey Rourke.
    I'm more a fan of the original Clash of the Titans myself. I like the old school stuff. Plus, I saw it a million times when I was a teenager, so there's the nostalgia factor. With the new ones, so much seems to happen, but then NOTHING seems to happen. Too much focus on special effects and not enough on plot, IMO.

I haven't seen Expendables 2. I barely made it through the first one even with Jason Statham. I couldn't believe they made a sequel. I thought they blew everything up in the first movie.

I finally saw Margaret with Anna Paquin. I say "finally" because I've been waiting to see it since about 2007, when it was supposed to be released. In short, it's the story of a teenage girl who witnesses (and thinks she is partially to blame for) a horrible bus accident in which a woman is killed. The girl finds herself so emotionally affected that she sets out to make things right. The scene of the bus accident was just gut-wrenching. Anna was amazing. She (and Allison Janney, who plays the accident victim) had me in tears. Oddly enough, the actress who played her mother in the movie - J. Smith-Cameron - played Sam's birth mother on True Blood. I kept wracking my brain to remember if she and Anna had ever had scenes together on TB.

Anyway, lots of drama and conflict, but I thought it was worthwhile. A shame it wasn't released until now.

I was looking for something light the other night and watched Overnight, a little sort of rom-com set on an red eye from LA to NYC. Cute and fluffy, with Rachel Blanchard and James D'Arcy, as well as Anthony LaPaglia as the pilot. Better than I expected. R-rated mainly for language, so beware - it's not family fare.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My Blu-Ray dvd player streams Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, YouTube, and one more. I subscribe only to Netflix and I like it except that my connection doesn't always work well with my router and bedroom tv at opposite sides of the house. Not sure if it is the player or the router; both are on the older side. It streams perfectly to my computer. My dvd player does not have Amazon, so I may wind up getting a Roku, too, since I do have Amazon Prime.

Netflix just started a new Netflix produced series this week and I am streaming it. It's an Americanized House of Cards that stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. They are married and to say they are not nice people is the height of understatement. Best thing is all 13 episodes are immediately available. I'm enjoying it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread