+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1547
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Parker - New Jason Statham movie... I don't care how bad it was, he was in it, so I suffer. He was great but why is Jennifer Lopez still acting?
    I'll see Jason Statham in anything, even if I have to watch through my fingers because it's so violent. He could read the phone book to me for an hour and I'd be happy.

Loved Silver Linings Playbook. I only wish the ads hadn't made it seem like a romantic comedy when it really isn't. Maybe they think that gets more people to go see it, but then they're just annoyed over being misled. I knew it was a drama, but I know others who were a bit surprised.

I tried twice tonight to get through Wrath of the Titans. UGH. Horrible. Just a mish mash of crap that didn't ever come together. Good cast too. What a waste.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'll see Jason Statham in anything, even if I have to watch through my fingers because it's so violent. He could read the phone book to me for an hour and I'd be happy.

Loved Silver Linings Playbook. I only wish the ads hadn't made it seem like a romantic comedy when it really isn't. Maybe they think that gets more people to go see it, but then they're just annoyed over being misled. I knew it was a drama, but I know others who were a bit surprised.
    That's surprising to hear. Everyone I know that saw it knew exactly what it was going to be about. I also didn't think the promos made it look like a romcom.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-27-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's surprising to hear. Everyone I know that saw it knew exactly what it was going to be about. I also didn't think the promos made it look like a romcom.
    SLP is listed as a comedy-drama-romance... I think it fits all of those except that the funny parts were that serious type of funny. I went into that movie without much information so I was able to enjoy it completely for whatever it was.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-27-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post

SLP is listed as a comedy-drama-romance... I think it fits all of those except that the funny parts were that serious type of funny. I went into that movie without much information so I was able to enjoy it completely for whatever it was.
    I know. I'm just relating what several people told me based on their experience and expectations of watching a trailer and then seeing the movie.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Call the Midwife( season one) I couldn't stop watching it. The BBC always does such wonderful series. 10 up I am so happy the library carries this
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

^ Season two starts on PBS in March.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    ^ Season two starts on PBS in March.
    I just found out.I cannot wait( thank you)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ruby Sparks - This is a great movie! If you have not seen it, go rent it!! It is about a guy with writers block who writes about a girl he sees in a dream and she suddenly shows up in real life. It takes some interesting turns and was a great story. My only (very minor) complaint I am putting in spoilers...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At the end I was left not knowing quite sure how I felt about the main male character. On the one hand I think he learned a lesson in the sense that he freed Ruby and knew that starting a fresh relationship meant the possibility that he could lose her. However, in the conversation he had with his ex-girlfriend she pointed out that he really only cared about himself and what he wanted and wasn't truly interested in her at all. I wasn't completely convinced that he was ready to start a real relationship with a genuine interest in the concerns of another person. I probably should have just assumed the best and let it go, but I think I had a hard time because I found him so utterly dis-likable by the end of the film.

Men in Black 3 - What a enjoyable surprise! I thought this movie was really fun and I didn't expect the emotional punch near the end!!

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - I watched this at the recommendation of a co-worker. I have mixed feelings. It was interesting to see all these famous actors so young! The acting was good and there were some emotional twists. The point where I stumbled was where I felt like I was supposed to be rooting for Jack Nicholson's character. He said at the beginning that he got in trouble for getting it on with a 15 year old. Gross. Then he is passing his "girlfriend" around like she is his property. I found him very distasteful, even though he was fairly endearing around the other patients. I thought the Native American guy's actions toward Nicholson's character at the end were premature. I didn't know enough about the back story of the Native American guy to determine how I felt about him or what happened with him in the end.

I tried twice tonight to get through Wrath of the Titans. UGH. Horrible. Just a mish mash of crap that didn't ever come together. Good cast too. What a waste.
    Is it weird I really liked Clash of the Titans but couldn't get through Wrath either? I can't decide if these movies are supposed to actually be good. I really like Ralph Fiennes as Hades.

And agree on Jason Statham, but I couldn't help but fall asleep through Expendables 2. Again - I'm trying to remember what I liked so much about the first one, because part 2 seemed so lousy. Maybe I was missing Mickey Rourke.
    Critical likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

We are watching Call the Midwife now too! Love it!

Does anyone here get Netflix with streaming from your tv? I'm looking into this.

+ Reply to Thread