+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1512
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: What Films Did You Watch Today?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    We went to see Zero Dark Thirty today. We thought it was a really well made, well acted movie. Given the nature of the subject matter, I wouldn't say it was easy to watch, especially the earlier torture scenes, but I knew that going in. I was surprised at the number of people who brought their under 10 year old kids to it though. Even if you 8 year old is a new junkie, it seems more appropriate to watch on DVD in case it gets to be too much (which, for some adults, it clearly was because there were a lot of walk outs).

And man, I need to rewatch Pride & Prejudice because this is the second movie (Contagion being the other one) where I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out who the actress is that looks so familiar. Either that, of Jennifer Ehle needs to do more movies.
    THIS! As much as I love Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark, I'd love to see footage of Jennifer in the role before she got replaced.

If you haven't seen Possession, I highly recommend it. I'm not a Gwyneth Paltrow fan, but Jeremy Northam, Jennifer Ehle and a very sexy (even more than usual) Aaron Eckhart make up for it.

Finally watched Lincoln. Very good. I'm amazed at how nervous I was during the vote, even though I obviously knew the outcome!

I'm trying to see as many Oscar nominated films and performances before the awards. I have A LOT of movies to see!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    If you haven't seen Possession, I highly recommend it. I'm not a Gwyneth Paltrow fan, but Jeremy Northam, Jennifer Ehle and a very sexy (even more than usual) Aaron Eckhart make up for it.

Finally watched Lincoln. Very good. I'm amazed at how nervous I was during the vote, even though I obviously knew the outcome!

I'm trying to see as many Oscar nominated films and performances before the awards. I have A LOT of movies to see!
    Jennifer Ehle was in a movie many years ago called Sunshine with Ralph Fiennes. Her real life mother plays her as an older woman. It set in Germany during WWI and WWII and takes place in a very rich Jewish family. She is the love interest.

Lol on Lincoln... he could have lost!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Silver Linings Playbook - I know someone like Bradley Cooper's character and I am a fan of Dancing with the Stars, so fell into this one pretty easily and loved it. Robert DeNiro's character is pretty intense, Jennifer Lawrence's character was complicated and the Philadelphia Eagles fandom was entertaining. Funny, emotional, intense.

I watched the original Footloose. I have seen it a number of times in the past, but it has been a while. We watched the remake several months ago and it was okay, but I knew it didn't measure up to the original. Re-watching the original drove that home even more. The acting, the connection between the characters, and the overall feel of the movie are SO much better in the original version!!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    We went to see Zero Dark Thirty today. We thought it was a really well made, well acted movie. Given the nature of the subject matter, I wouldn't say it was easy to watch, especially the earlier torture scenes, but I knew that going in. I was surprised at the number of people who brought their under 10 year old kids to it though. Even if you 8 year old is a new junkie, it seems more appropriate to watch on DVD in case it gets to be too much (which, for some adults, it clearly was because there were a lot of walk outs).
    Wow. I try not to get "judgey" with parenting stuff because I wouldn't want people doing it to me, but this would definitely make me raise an eyebrow. My 8 year old wanted to go see The Hobbit and I was worried it would be too much for her!! I finally decided she would likely be okay with the content, but I continued to avoid taking her because I don't think she could sit through a 2.5 hour long movie in the theater!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Wow. I try not to get "judgey" with parenting stuff because I wouldn't want people doing it to me, but this would definitely make me raise an eyebrow. My 8 year old wanted to go see The Hobbit and I was worried it would be too much for her!! I finally decided she would likely be okay with the content, but I continued to avoid taking her because I don't think she could sit through a 2.5 hour long movie in the theater!
    Sometimes I wonder what parents are thinking. I'm not saying kids should see all G movies, I saw Jaws when I was 11... but I remember seeing Dawn of the Dead (remake) at the theater and in addition to the gore, there is a very explicit sex scene. The man in front of me had his son with him, who looked all of 7 or 8!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday.
    What a terrific movie. Absolutely loved it and the performances.
    JLuvs likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday.
    What a terrific movie. Absolutely loved it and the performances.
    Argh! I/we wanted to go tonight and we cant. I am so looking forward to this one.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, I saw DeNiro on Leno's show last night and have seen other clips when the actors were doing press and really really want to go see it as well. Hubs and I get to the movies about twice a year. Yeah, we're really not big movie goers. But for some reason, I really would like to see this movie before it leaves the theaters. I will have to check to see if it is still playing locally and maybe we can catch it sometime tomorrow.

Parker - New Jason Statham movie... I don't care how bad it was, he was in it, so I suffer. He was great but why is Jennifer Lopez still acting?
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread