+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disturbia

Re: Disturbia

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3190338;
    Yeah! It reminds me of the end of "Poltergeist" with the skeletons in the swimming pool. How did the killer have time to kill anyone? He must have been busy for years doing home improvements. I know, he mush have bought it from another serial killer! "Rear Window" was so simple. No gore and we never leave James Stewart's apartment until the very end. Raymond Burr only killed his wife and lived in a two room apartment. It's my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie ever!

Yeah, Rear Window is a classic. I am a *huge* Hitchcock fan. North By Northwest is one of my fave movies of all time, as is Psycho. His movies are scary, but in a real way. Like in Psycho, when she is sitting at a stoplight and her boss crosses the street, sees her in the car, and does a double take. OOH! That part makes me say 'Oh no!' everytime. It's not dead bodies everywhere, but it's scary in a tangible way.

Dead bodies are scary but there gets to be a point where things just get to be too much. This movie crossed that line and then some. It went from scary to rediculous.

I guess when I watch scary movies, I just expect some ridiculous and tend to overlook it. I enjoyed Disturbia because I could feel the suspense in it and it made me jump! I also wasn't expecting much going in...

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3190364;
    Yeah, Rear Window is a classic. I am a *huge* Hitchcock fan. North By Northwest is one of my fave movies of all time, as is Psycho. His movies are scary, but in a real way. Like in Psycho, when she is sitting at a stoplight and her boss crosses the street, sees her in the car, and does a double take. OOH! That part makes me say 'Oh no!' everytime. It's not dead bodies everywhere, but it's scary in a tangible way.

Dead bodies are scary but there gets to be a point where things just get to be too much. This movie crossed that line and then some. It went from scary to rediculous.
    The best part of "The Rear Window" is when Raymond Burr looks up and sees James Stewart looking at him. It sent chills down my spine even when I was a kid (seeing it for the first time). So similar to the scene in "Psycho" that you described. It's a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3190436;
    I guess when I watch scary movies, I just expect some ridiculous and tend to overlook it. I enjoyed Disturbia because I could feel the suspense in it and it made me jump! I also wasn't expecting much going in...
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it if it's on. I kinda have my set on all day while I'm working around the house. It's a great movie to have on for background noise. It's just that ,when it first came out it, it was compared to "The Rear Window". I can see why but there is really no comparison. It's what it is. Fun to watch and that's it. Purely entertainment. It will never go down in history as one of the best movies ever made. I like a lot of "stupid" movies and am proud of it but there is a difference between movies and film classics. I've already had it on today. HBO just can't stop showing it!!!!!! That's OK with me! I had Showtime (because of "Dexter" and "The Tudors") and they NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! had ANY!!!!!!!!!!! fun movies to watch. NEVER!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to have HBO again! I'm on cloud nine!!!!! (and Cinamax) Life is good! Just want to add that I'm a TOTAL movie buff and I haven't even heard of 90% of the movies that Showtime shows. What up with them? !!!!!!!.....Whew! I'm done! No movie snob here, I like "Disturbia" for what it is.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, too. I didn't hate this movie, I enjoyed it, but the ending was a bit much and I thought it could have had a better ending.

I *LOVE* thriller/suspense movies, and unfortunately most scary movies lately are more horror/gore (not Al) movies and not so suspenseful. The last really good thriller I saw was The Ring. And that was a LONG time ago!

For some reason, the slight chill in the air has me craving a suspense movie. Something about fall that is kinda...creepy? Or maybe it just makes me want to stay in and watch movies. Kinda weird - Labor Day was 90F and hot, and the next day the high was mid 60s and it's been like that ever since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123