+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbia

Re: Disturbia

I definately recommend renting this movie, maybe even buying it.

Saw it today. Knew of the high opinion of it from here and it did not disappoint. It was a good movie through and through. I particularly loved the pacing of the movie. There weren't any slow or dragging parts. It was a quick pace and kept a nice steady level of action.

Okay I'm watching this right now and I have only one problem with it. Okay,
    2. #1 At least so far (I'm at the scene where Ronnie is sleeping and Kale and Ashley are spying on Turner), Kale and his mom have not once talked about his dad or the accident. Isn't it possible that the reason Kale is so withdrawn is because he's still haunted by that day? That accident was horrible. Okay, my only other problem is this kid is supposed to be under house arrest and yet his mom is still letting him have friends over, letting him keep his cell phone, watch tv. What kind of punishment is this, anyway? I'd have gotten a serious a** whippin' if I had ever been put on house arrest. I sure as heck wouldn't have been allowed to see my friends or use my cell phone. I mean, she cut the cable to his TV, canceled his XBOX (I wasn't aware you could cancel an XBox) and his apple account so he couldn't download music but what about taking away his whole computer and his cell phone and other stuff. Just my observation.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Canceling an Apple account isn't going to prevent any kid I've ever known from downloading music.

And I wasn't aware you could cancel an XBOX, either, and I own one. You can cancel the Xbox Live subscription, but that certainly doesn't prevent you from playing it with your friends in the same room - it only prevents you playing against others on-line and updating content (the only thing I ever used my xbox live subscription for was to update my Madden NFL content).

Right and that's what she did. She canceled the live subscription. But still, it just doesn't seem like he's as restricted as he should be seeing that he's supposed to be on house arrest. His mom is always going out leaving him alone to do whatever he wants aaaaaand another thing is that if he really believed Turner was a killer, why would he allow the guy to be alone even for a minute with his mom? But anyway, so far it's very good. Just weird to see Shia in a steamy kissing scene. He just doesn't strike me as a steamy "hottie" actor.
    Okay, it just got over. Very very good. Didn't end the way I thought it would. But very intense.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 09-25-2007 at 02:25 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2585814;
    Kale and his mom have not once talked about his dad or the accident. Isn't it possible that the reason Kale is so withdrawn is because he's still haunted by that day?
    As was mentioned upthread, this movie is a loose remake of "Rear Window", so I don't think the backstory of Kale's house arrest is that significant, as it's not central to the plot. It's meant to be a horror, so you don't really need to see any mom-and-son heart-to-heart talks - you can assume they happened, or didn't, and it doesn't affect the film's events one way or the other.

I really liked it until the director decided that he had to include decaying bodies for effect. I'm a huge horror fan, and I'm not queasy about watching blood and gore, but this movie was plenty scary enough without the corpses. The best and most frightening scenes were the ones Kale was watching on his computer - while Ronnie was escaping Turner's house, and when Kale was re-watching the video and saw the obscured face behind the grate. That was all we really needed to see - we get that Turner is a serial killer by that point, and if we don't, then the walls of "trophies" - the shoes, the driver's licences of the women, etc. - make it really clear.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by FlawLess;2422602;
    I loved the movie Disturbia. I must say so far, one of the best movies this year. Out of 5 stars i give it 4. What'd you guys think.

More info on Disturbia:Disturbia (2007)

I don't know about the best movie of the year..........but, I LOVED this.

Great entertainment and great acting.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

It's OK and fine to leave on when showing on HBO but this movie should never be compared to "The Rear Window". RW is a work of art! This is just a teen thriller. The whole ending is so stupid and tell me why the killer has a pool of water under his house?

I thought this movie was okay - until the ending, which was way too over the top. That guy had a river of dead bodies and room after room of gory stuff in his basement. I swear he had a 3500 sq ft house with a 15,000 sq ft basement full of bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3190117;
    I thought this movie was okay - until the ending, which was way too over the top. That guy had a river of dead bodies and room after room of gory stuff in his basement. I swear he had a 3500 sq ft house with a 15,000 sq ft basement full of bodies.
    Yeah! It reminds me of the end of "Poltergeist" with the skeletons in the swimming pool. How did the killer have time to kill anyone? He must have been busy for years doing home improvements. I know, he mush have bought it from another serial killer! "Rear Window" was so simple. No gore and we never leave James Stewart's apartment until the very end. Raymond Burr only killed his wife and lived in a two room apartment. It's my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie ever!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast