+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) are allied with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker, while the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones, under the control of the East India Trading Company, wreaks havoc across the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, they must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Chinese Pirate Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat). Now headed beyond the very ends of the earth, each must ultimately choose a side in a final, titanic battle, as not only their lives and fortunes, but the entire future of the freedom-loving Pirate way, hangs in the balance.
    link

Just so you have an idea of where I stand in the Pirates Trilogy...the 2nd one is my favorite, then comes the first and finally comes the new one.

I went to the first showing in my town tonight....along with about 1,200 of my closest friends The overall consensus from my screening room was that there were lots of jump the shark moments in the movie.

The fighting was great and I can stare at Orlando and Johnny forever and be happy with just seeing them, but the actual movie was a let down of sorts.

They did leave it wide open for a 4th movie.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

I have to say that this was better than I expected. It was still somewhat confusing at times since there was sooooooo much going on.
    Orlando though, OMG.........Drool city! He was soooooo sooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot in this one.

I can't wait till this comes out it should be great!!

I really liked this one...Went it saw it yesterday night...It had its moments when it was little slow and dull, but overall I liked the movie...And OMG Orlando looked SUPER HOT at the end of the movie!!!! And even though Jerry Bruckheimer was on Glenn Beck the other day saying that this pirates movie would be the last, they totally left it wide open for another one...

Surprisingly the movie was a lot of fun. A lot better than DMC. The last 50 minutes of pretty much pure action was a lot of fun. Johnny was great as always and even Knightley did well. So much better than the huge disappointing Spider-Man 3.

8/10
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

The Mr. and I are going this weekend, and I can't wait to get me some Orlando. I think the Pirate movies are a hoot, and I'm more than ready to be entertained.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2419531;
    The Mr. and I are going this weekend, and I can't wait to get me some Orlando. I think the Pirate movies are a hoot, and I'm more than ready to be entertained.
    Me too, me too. My hubby calls Orlando my "boyfriend" because he knows I think he is sooooo hot. I can't wait to see him in this, especially if he looks extra hot at the end like everyone is saying. Yumm-eee

We went to see this last night and I think my teenage son was the happiest with it because he went into it with very low expectations.

The rest of us found the plot to be very confusing on
    Click to see Spoiler:
    who was betraying whom, and which ship they were on, Dutchman, Pearl or Endeavor.
    There were a lot of lapses of continuity between the movies.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    How could both Jack and Barbosa be pirate lords when Barbosa had been Jack's first mate when he led a mutiny and left him on that island the first time?
    Aside from all that, I still enjoyed it.

Make sure you stay until the end of the credits to see a bit of an epilogue.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    10 Years Later.......Elizabeth and 9-year old son waiting at the edge of a bluff for Will to come sailing in.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Orlando Again, Orlando
    I've never been to the movies to see the previous two films but this one i'll make an exception for.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Well, I really want to see this, but my favorite so far is Dead Man's Chest but the third one looks really good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast