+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

We are taking the 10th grade of my high school to a special showing tomorrow morning, so we had a mini marathon of the first two movies at school today. I am getting more and more excited for the movie! Thanks for sharing about the extra scene at the end. I will definitely make the busses wait to catch that last little bit! I can't wait for almost three hours of Johnny Depp goodness

After just going out and seeing this movie in the theater, I felt much like a cursed pirate, as well over three hours of my life is gone and wasted forever. The only part I liked was Keith Richards' brief cameo.

However, I think the whole series is overwrought, pointless, and find very little to like about any of the characters, so I might not be the best source. A lot of people in the theater were guffawing at all the jokes as though they'd had a bit too much rum, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who liked the epic battle scenes . . . err . . . lots of things blowing up for quite a long time.

Mantenna, I so disagree. Did you even like Pirates 1 or 2?

I absolutely LOVED this movie. Captian Jack Sparrow and Will
    Turner...... Kiera's costumes....wonderful! Johnny Depp is classic as Jack. Orlando ooooozes tension. And I love the little monkey!! There is a lot going on and I wouldn't mind seeing it again! I'm glad there could be yet another one after this!

Keith Richards' cameo was ok but I don't think he was incredible. A good fit though
    Click to see Spoiler:
    for Jack Sparrow's Dad

And yes, stay until after the credits roll. Important little tidbit there!!
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-31-2007 at 02:28 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow, it sounds like some people thought it was horrible, but I'm going to see it this weekend and I loved the first two.

FORT Fanatic

I loved the monkey and Kiera's costumes too they were fun. I loved the running back and forth on the ship it was hilarious. The close up of Depps nose why? Why? sick! Would have love to have seen Keith Richards do a little more that made the connection. The costuming and makeup were so good I swear you could smell them. Oh and I gave a little giggle when Davy Jones was standing in that bucket of water!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2425593;
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who liked the epic battle scenes . . . err . . . lots of things blowing up for quite a long time.
    Manny, it sounds as if you haven't really liked the franchise, but coming from someone that has loved them, I thought the battle scenes went on for freaking ever at times. I would have preferred they cut out about a half hour of the ships shooting at each other so that the movie would have been more manageable.

I did enjoy the movie overall, but there were a few loose ends that they just seemed to shove together. I felt like I was watching Spiderman 3 all over again. I mean, what was up with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Calypso? Did she serve any purpose at all? They got her all riled up, she grew into a giant, and then seemed to fizzle out other than making the weather bad for a bit. It seemed that she was just an afterthought after so much had been made of what her contribution would be.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

agree completely with your assesment Star. I said that to my husband as we left. WTH?

I enjoyed the movie a lot. better than the second, the first was still the best - mostly because we got to know the characters as they got to know each other, and that is where most of the humor was. I don't think anything can compare to that.

Well, the kids loved it! They were yelling at the screen, cheering and were still talking about how much fun they had today. As a die-hard Johhny Depp fan and PoTC lover, I thought the movie was great! The desert scene was a little too drawn out, but the movie gave me exactly what I paid for. Summer fun and a great way to spend the afternoon. I will definitely be buying this movie to add to my collection.

My favorite part?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When at the end, Orlando starts kissing Kiera's leg and slowly moves up her knee, one of my students started shouting PG-13!PG-13!

Manny

I actually do agree with you. I love the series, but this movie was the biggest disappointment for me. I just decided to drool over Orlando in the end as the "story" of the third movie was so disappointingly told
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I honestly kept waiting for someone to say "Aye Calypso" and I couldn't get that darn John Denver tune out of my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast