+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

Originally posted by Paulie
    I'm guessing either the part where Boo opens the closet door and Sully isn't there or the very last scene of the movie.

I didn't cry in that movie, but if I was going to, it would be during one of those two scenes. Holly?
    Yes, it was when she was looking for him & couldn't find him. If I was at home, I would have been all like but since I was in public, it was more like

I can't believe a cartoon made me cry. When I was little, my mom said I cried in Bambi & that I was crying HYSTERICALLY in Pinnochio, when he got swallowed by the whale. Too funny.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

CaliGirl ~ I forgot about White Squall. Gawd, that movie was waaaay sad at the end. Ugh, what a way to go. I also cried when the guy shot the dolphin. I wanted them to shoot HIM!

I can't believe I'm the only person here that has Awakenings on their list! That is like the saddest movie EVER!!!

Originally posted by holly71

I can't believe I'm the only person here that has Awakenings on their list! That is like the saddest movie EVER!!!
    That is a very sad depressing movie...but it didn't make me cry. It did make me want to curl up with a blanket over my head eating popcorn for an hour or two but it didn't make me cry.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

OH man! I thought it was HORRIBLY SAD! B/C he knew what was happening to him & he couldn't stop it. I mean, he had said that the people are aware of everything around them, but they are unable to react to it. It's like being trapped in your own body, b/c the mind is working, but your body wouldn't let you participate in life. He knew that's what he was going back to. And it was REALLLY sad when his lady friend came to visit & he was all twitching & acting strange. It just broke my heart. And then at the very end when they're all just sitting around in their wheelchairs, with the vacant stare...

Thanks Holly,now I'm depressed. lol
    Animated films totally make me cry.I admit I'm a big wuss.
    1) The Lion King-where Mufasa died
    2) Monsters Inc.-where Boo looks for Sully
    3) Ice Age-where Manny gives the baby back and Diego is found alive.Also where Manny remembers his parents death(See? Wuss!)
    4)The Iron Giant-where the giant tells Hogarth to say there and he goes off to save the world.
    Now before everyone thinks I'm a 33 yr old woman that watches cartoons all day(e.g.loser lol),I'm a daycare educator so I've seen all of these films many times.
    Peace be with all my American friends.

2. Edward Scissorhands - Dir. by Tim Burton, starring the great Johnny Depp. A fantasy tale of a young man alone in his Universe who faces derision and misunderstanding but stays true to himself.
    I forgot that! I loved that movie. Very very sad. Strangely, Johnny didn't look weird with all that makeup.

Amargeddon was another one.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Leon/The Professional (1994). Before Natalie Portman jumped the shark. The end just isn't fair!!!
    I loved this movie, DeepDish, although I didn't cry during it. However, afterwards I caught the Jean Reno bug and rented almost every movie he was in. There is a lesser-known movie called For Roseanna which is set in Italy, though not an Italian movie (everyone speaks in accents). In it Marcello (played by Jean Reno) wants to reserve a plot in the town cemetery for his dying wife Roseanna. Because the plots are filling up quickly, Marcello attempts to keep all the townspeople alive, with a variety of strange antics. This one is a tearjerker. It's also light, sweet, and funny...

Leon/The Professional (1994). Before Natalie Portman jumped the shark. The end just isn't fair!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree. That is one of my favorite movies. I had it on video, then on DVD, and no matter how many times I watch it, I bawl with fresh grief when the ending comes.

Other movies that had me teary-eyed:
    Malena
    All About My Mother
    Donnie Darko
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

wow
    I think every single movie listed here has made me cry.
    I'm a big baby.:crybaby <-love that smilie
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Homeward Bound... every freakin' time. When the old dog comes limping over the hill. If I feel like I could use a good cry that's the movie I pop in!!

The Green Mile Watched it twice, read it twice, cried all 4 times.

Armegeddon... I thought I was the only one! I only cry at this one if I watch the whole movie. If I catch it towards the end I don't.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread