+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

Okay...well, Schindler's List did have me shed some tears. That's a real tear jerker. Artificial Intelligence made me cry a little. I may have lied a little when I said I haven't cried, but I haven't cried to point of falling apart. I'm sure one movie will do that to me someday!

Originally posted by glennajo

And My Girl- possibly the worst, during the funeral scene where Veda is standing over the casket talking to her dead friend.
    (excuse me now while i go get a box of kleenex...)
    I will NOT cry at a movie theater, I just sit there getting all teary-eyed, hoping they don't run down my face. At home, I will allow myself to cry, & if I'm alone, I will bawl unabashedly. That said, I saw "My Girl" at the theater, so I kept my crying silent. But there was this woman behind us that was sobbing, LOUDLY. I mean, it was like to the point of distraction. She was actually trying to catch her breath, she was crying that hard. I was like "geez, get control of yourself, woman!" It got to where we started laughing because she was so out of control. I know that sounds mean, but she really should have gotten up & went to the bathroom to calm down. I don't know if there was something in her life that made her react so strongly, or if she's just an emotional person, but whatever the reason was, she really needed to calm down.

Movies that make me cry (that I can think of):

Awakenings (this one makes me cry more than any other movie I've ever seen in my life. I will watch it only by myself)

Big
    Rocky (the first one, the only good one!)
    Monsters Inc. (I'm a goober, I know)
    Terms of Endearment
    Pearl Harbor
    Steel Magnolias
    Beaches
    Titanic

I'm sure there's more, but this was all I can think of off the top of my head!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey
    Cinema Paradiso (1988). The part when...no, I won't spoil it. Just go watch it and bring a roll of Bounty.

Sonatine (1993). This is a Japanese yakuza film and I'll be straight up with you guys. It's long-winded and almost boring. But there's one scene here that ranks among the most touching ever! Unfortunately to get the full tearful impact, you can't just fast-forward.

Leon/The Professional (1994). Before Natalie Portman jumped the shark. The end just isn't fair!!!

You Got Mail...When she is closing her store for the last time.

When Harry Met Sally- During the "I'm not your consolation prize" phone call.

I tend to avoid movies I think I will find sad...so my list is short.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    holly71, what part in Monsters Inc. made you cry? lol

Here are some more I can not believe I left out.

Schindler's List
    Saving Private Ryan
    Platoon(First time I ever saw my dad cry like a baby. He was a medic in Vietnam)
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Actually I cry at a lot at movies, if the scene really touched me. So, I can't single out one movie that made me cry.

But I recently caught You've Got Mail, and the scene mentioned by nlmcp made me cry.

The last movie I remembered wanted to cry for was during Sweet Home Alabama and Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

In Sweet Home Alabama, I thought it was really sweet of Josh Lucas worked so hard for her. He did not want to go to NYC before becoming a real husband for her.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey
    1. White Squall - Dir. by Ridley Scott, starring Jeff Bridges and young Ryan Phillipe and Scott Wolf. It is a poignant 'coming of age' film which I don't usually go for, but this one is a winner!

2. Edward Scissorhands - Dir. by Tim Burton, starring the great Johnny Depp. A fantasy tale of a young man alone in his Universe who faces derision and misunderstanding but stays true to himself.

3. Happy Together - Dir. by Kar Wei Wong, starring Leslie Cheung and Tony Leung. A strange and moving story of two young men who leave Hong Kong for Argentina and an adventure that neither of them could have imagined. The beauty of this film lies in the music and colors that so richly imbue it.

Originally posted by LrdOfTheRng22
    holly71, what part in Monsters Inc. made you cry? lol
    I'm guessing either the part where Boo opens the closet door and Sully isn't there or the very last scene of the movie.

I didn't cry in that movie, but if I was going to, it would be during one of those two scenes. Holly?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

That part in Monsters Inc definently make me sniffle.

movies that have made me cry

Armageddon (when bruce willis is saying goodbye to his liv get me everytime, and I've seen it at least four times)

Titanic (yup, the old couple hugging gets me)

We were soldiers (the music at the end, and the whole scene with Mel just got me going.....my boyfriend too.....great movie overall if you don't mind blood and gore)

Platoon (at the end when the helicopter leaves without one of their men.....I can't remember his name)

+ Reply to Thread