+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

I have a hard time naming a movie that doesn't make me cry - I'm the world's biggest sap!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    I have a hard time naming a movie that doesn't make me cry - I'm the world's biggest sap!
    I am too.

I can think of two that really got me. A Walk to Remember and Pay it Forward.

FORT Newbie
    1. Million Dollar Baby- Every frickin time.

2. Man on Fire- Like you didn't.

3. Lion King- Yes, I am a tremendous baby.

Had a little man tear episode at the end of The Guns Of Navarone when the fortress blew to smithereeens, the member of the assault group left behind with the Germans because of his gangrenous leg gets a measure of satisfaction realizing he didn't lose his leg in vain, the survivors on the boat look on with something approaching awe at the destruction they brought about, and the convoy of naval vessels that were a moment before anticipating becoming dead ducks set off their whooping sirens in celebration.

Still misty eyed recalling it.

That was one INCREDIBLY destructive sequence at the end. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    The saddest movie ever, for me, is Sophie's Choice. Just thinking about it makes me tear up.
    Superb book and movie and Sophie's moment of choosing is about the most heartwrenching scene I ever expect to encounter in my lifetime. Sophie's Choice was the high point of Meryl Streep's career, in my estimation. Almost impossible to top.
    Last edited by Leftcoaster; 08-05-2006 at 02:21 PM.

I just watched The Perfect Storm and Mr. Rattus walked in on my weeping like a little girl. The movie just reinforced my stand on never, ever marrying a fisherman - I just couldn't bear it every time he went out to sea.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Dawn Anna & A Child's Wish (Girl gets cancer, has her leg amputated and dies a slow, painful death, like in most Lifetime movies.)
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

FORT Newbie
    wow you guys are all softies..just playing. I can't recall the last time I actually cried in a movie but million dollar baby and John Q made me sad..maybe a little tear or two.

My husband isn't much of a cryer either, but he did tear up a bit the first time he saw It's a Wonderful Life.
    I can't post about myself here. I've been known to get verklempt watching commercials.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I remember the first 2 movies that made me cry. They were Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows.

The last movie that made me cry was The Color Purple. That was a very long movie with lots of crying. Yah, Im a cry baby too lol.

League of Their Own gets me every time....

+ Reply to Thread