+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

The list would be far to long for me to list. I cry easily for movies, but only if I am alone. Otherwise I will hold it in.
    John Q has probably gotten me the worst. The one scene is just so powerfull and emotionally charged. That just gets me so bad that if I am not I am almost weeping.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I cried when I watched Bicentennial Man! There were so many sad scenes, that when I had just finished drying up my tears, they started flowing almost immediately again. I love that movie...

Fade to black
    I love a movie that can make me cry - there aren't many of them. Off the top of my head.

The Green Mile (I lose it everytime the guard starts crying at the end).

Untamed Heart
    Philadelphia
    My Life
    Forrest Gump
    Mr. Holland's Opus
    Shine
    Good Will Hunting
    I hate to admit it, but Armageddon made me cry (I'm a sucker for scenes involving parental relationships).
    Jerry Maguire

Ok that's enough, I watch way too many movies. Nothing released in the last year has jerked me up, but I'm sure that'll change.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Somewhere in Time
    Romeo and Juliet (60s version)
    Stepmom (also a sucker for sad scenes involving children)
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

We are a bunch of bawl babies, but that's okay.............. I can cry during any movie, just about.

The Way We Were
    Bridges of Madison County
    Life as a House
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

I was crying just thinking about those movies and posted my reply accidently. I have a couple more to add

I did cry watching Monter's Ball, but good grief what a terrible movie.
    Dead Poet's
    Penny Serenade (nobody knows this movie, it is really old)
    I am Sam

I could go on and on, but I have to go blow my nose and wipe my eyes now.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

Shawshank Redemption gives me a lump in my throat at the very end
    Me too!
    The part that gets me is when Red says, "Maybe I just miss my friend"
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

When I was four, I cried during Bambi. (Those bastards shot his mother, dammit!)

I also admit:

Forrest Gump. The scene where Hanks stands by Jenny's grave and tells her about their son gets me every time. (I should have included a spoiler warning, but c'mon. If you haven't seen it by now, you're not going to.)

Here's one you may not expect:

The Sound of Music

Mom loves this movie, and when I was in college, I was being the "good son" and watched it with her for the nth time. Hadn't seen it in a long time.

When Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews belt out "Edelweiss," I just lost it. They know they're leaving their ancestral home and possibly never returning home again.

Now I'm vaklempt.

The Shawshank Redemption. "I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." That's not just a line. It's poetry.
    My g/f saw this film for the first time with me, and though it's not her usual cup of tea, she liked it very much. She smiled at the ending, looked over at me, and caught me sniffling.

Her: Hey, are you okay?
    Me: (whispering) I just need to be held.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

"Y Tu Mama Tambien" made me cry at the very end.
    "Life is Beautiful" for obvious reasons
    "American History X" when the younger brother was murdered in bathroom
    "Beyond Silence" when the deaf father attended his daughter's musical recitation, and felt the handrail to feel her music. "I'll try to understand..."
    "Die Weiße Rose" when they excuted Sophie Scholl
    "Le Pays des Sourd" when the American deafies were going to fly back, they had a huge hugging group and full in tears, and seeing the French deafies walking away, weeping.
    There are many more...

I'm the type who cries whilst watching Oprah...I remember when they showed a woman whose ex husband shot all her 3 young boys & then shot himself. I couldn't stop crying after i watched that show!Movies...

Beaches
    Steel Magnolias
    Beeches
    Titanic
    You've Got Mail
    Stepmom...there are so many movies where i've cried!

+ Reply to Thread