+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

Oh, I'm thinking of "The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter". That was another good one. I never saw "Deer Hunter"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I haven't cried at a movie in a while. I tear up at quite a few. The last one I cried at was, I think, Radio. When the mom died, it was too much for me. I think I even cried when our English class watched the Crucible. At the end, when they kill the "witches" and everyone was singing.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    My Girl.

When she's looking at Macauley Culkin in the casket and starts screaming about him not having his glasses on, I weep until I can't breathe. It's awful.

Steel Magnolias

Breaks my heart when Sally Field is crying - although Shirley Maclaine is so damn funny it can lighten it up

Phenomenon - even made my husband cry - in the theatre!

And I know it's not a movie, but the documentary about 9/11 makes me absolutely weep. I know everyone feels sad when they watch it, but living in New York just makes it so much closer to home - knowing so many people who knew someone who jumped, who died, who survived. I watch it every once in a while, just because I feel like I should. In fact, I think everyone should, but I digress....

When a Man Loves a Woman - OMG it's awful - I can't even watch it now - seeing the sadness and fear in those little girls' eyes

I'm a crier though, so I'm sure to shed a tear in most dramas, unless I'm asleep

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    When a Man Loves a Woman - OMG it's awful - I can't even watch it now - seeing the sadness and fear in those little girls' eyes
    Oh, marybeth... I so agree! My heart bled for those poor little girls (and Andy Garcia, too... Meg Ryan didn't deserve him! ) during her drunken situations, and also the hesitation in their eyes when they finally got to see her after rehab. No child should ever have to fear their mother.. it was so sad.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

City Of Angels
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Regular
    Brother Bear

Though I was happy that Koda decided to stay as a bear to take care of the little bear cub. I thought that was really sweet.

Schindler's List made me cry until I was hyperventalating... I sank down off the couch and lay on the floor crying hysterically... it took me five minutes to calm down enough to call my friend and give him HECK for telling me to watch it!

Green Mile made me and my husband cry at the theatre, I think of this one ofter because it was our first date! (BTW he said it was popcorn dust that made his eyes water!)
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh, marybeth... I so agree! My heart bled for those poor little girls (and Andy Garcia, too... Meg Ryan didn't deserve him! ) during her drunken situations, and also the hesitation in their eyes when they finally got to see her after rehab. No child should ever have to fear their mother.. it was so sad.
    And when Andy Garcia screamed at the older girl, 'I am the only father you've ever known!" after she tells him he's not her dad. It just breaks my heart because he loves both girls so much.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I cried during The Longest Yard. I have issues. (Shut up, it was a really sad part!)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

giz
    I've got one that's sort of good crying (versus Schindler's List, the 20th century's stained and I can't stand it-crying). Truly, Madly Deeply. Ultimate chick movie. Alan Rickman. Sad, but good sad. Sigh. God I love Alan Rickman.

Marybeth, I forgot about Phenomenon. That one really got me. We saw it at one of those "suds n cinema" places where you get pizza, beer and a movie. Couldn't believe they picked that movie. Talk about crying in your beer!
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

+ Reply to Thread