+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

Nilesgirl,

Wow, when I read the lyrics to "Nature Boy" in your post, my eyes welled up with tears! I just loved "Untamed Heart" so much and cried when I heard that song play towards the end. I would like to find a recording of it - can't believe it wasn't on the soundtrack!

Thanks for posting,

devon7
    Devon Rex lover

Wild Hearts Cant Be Broken-that was so good/sad

You know I have never ever seen Old Yeller or American Tail?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Naure Boy

Hi Nilesgirl,
    I too love the song. Did you see Moulin Rouge with Ewan Mcgregor and Nicole Kidman? Nature Boy is featured predominantly in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound
    Hi Nilesgirl,
    I too love the song. Did you see Moulin Rouge with Ewan Mcgregor and Nicole Kidman? Nature Boy is featured predominantly in the movie.
    I did see it and I actually hated it. I honestly don't remember very much about that movie. That's how much of an impact it made on me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Speaking of which, i wanted to buy it until i saw it on tv. Changed my mind...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound
    Hi Nilesgirl,
    This is sort of off-topic, but the first time I heard that song was when Canadian Idol winner, Kalan Porter, sang it. His version is a must-hear.

BTW, I agree, Moulin Rouge is a good movie.

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Deer Hunter. That may very well be the only movie that depressed me so much I felt ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I can't believe no one has mentioned The Deer Hunter. That may very well be the only movie that depressed me so much I felt ill.
    Was that the movie with the guy who was deaf and blind (or something like that)? It was set back in segregation days and the guy was staying at a boarding house and he became friends with a black family (the daughter was raped at a carnival)?

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Was that the movie with the guy who was deaf and blind (or something like that)? It was set back in segregation days and the guy was staying at a boarding house and he became friends with a black family (the daughter was raped at a carnival)?
    No, it's about the Vietnam War and the affects it has on the lives of a group of friends. Here's a link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077416/

+ Reply to Thread