+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah!
    Heya Debbie!

And now back to our regular conversation...

Hi Jen

how can I forget Armaggedon

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Here's one you may not expect:

The Sound of Music

Mom loves this movie, and when I was in college, I was being the "good son" and watched it with her for the nth time. Hadn't seen it in a long time.

When Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews belt out "Edelweiss," I just lost it. They know they're leaving their ancestral home and possibly never returning home again.
    Same place for me in The Sound of Music, but for all those present joining in singing Edelweiss, watching the country they love disappear.

The first thought I had when I saw this thread was "The Dirty Dozen", laugh crying along with dudes from Sleepless in Seattle....

Rudy gets me, as does the movie (I can't recall the title of at this moment) of the little dude feeling unrequited love for cute little redhead cheerleader who has a thing for Charlie Sheen, causing him to go out for football and ending up with a jacket for showing such heart and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster

Rudy gets me, as does the movie (I can't recall the title of at this moment) of the little dude feeling unrequited love for cute little redhead cheerleader who has a thing for Charlie Sheen, causing him to go out for football and ending up with a jacket for showing such heart and determination.
    Lucas

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I cried all 3 times I watched Philadelphia...Tom Hanks did such a good job in that movie and the story line about his struggle to keep his sexual orientation private at his firm, his diagnosis of AIDS and how people are treated him afterwards and then his death all really made me sad. Very touching movie.

The other movie I bawled at was Stepmom with Julia Roberts and Susan Serandon....again, terminal illness story.

Of course, Passion of the Christ made me cry too the first time, but didn't the 2nd time.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I am such a crybaby when it comes to movies...I tend to cry even if I know what's going to happen

Here's a short list of movies that have made me cry:
    Titanic (The last thirty minutes of it had me bawling, especially when the old lady was talking and when they were in the freezing cold water.)
    I Am Sam (This is the one of the saddest movies I have ever seen, if not the saddest. Sean Penn was absolutely awesome this movie. Definitely a must-see.)
    Bicentennial Man (The end was very sad and touching although I was anticipating it.)
    Patch Adams (SHE WAS MURDERED!! What else can I say? )
    Spider-man (I can't believe I cried when Uncle ben died. )
    Lilo and Stitch (Ohana means family, and family means we stick together. Awww...)
    A.I. (Once again the end was very sad)
    Passion of the Christ (They practically beat him to pulp...)
    Many other movies that people have already noted...
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

Terms of Endearment
    My Dog Skip
    Lorenzo's Oil
    Places In the Heart
    Schindlers List (absolutely destroyed me)
    Shawshank Redemption
    Last edited by horsnhound; 07-23-2005 at 03:31 AM.

FORT Newbie
    i could name quite a few. However,
    Schindlers List (absolutely destroyed me) ditto on that.

I cry alot during some movies...I am such a sap. LOL

Bambi
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    The Green Mile
    ET
    Ice Castles
    I Am Sam
    Titanic
    John Q
    LaBamba
    Selena
    Stepmom
    Armeggedon because Bruce Willis said "Take care of my little girl"...my dad said the exact same thing to my b/f just before he died

I cry ALL THE TIME.

I am sad to admit, I cried during the ending of Monsters Inc. I am sooo lame! Surprisingly, I didn't really cry much during Titanic, even though all the little teenaged girls next to be flooded the theater.

Forrest Gump gets me everytime.

Mystic River. The beginning and the end.

I'm surprised not to see Field of Dreams for any of the guys. That's the one movie that gets my husband every time. The part at the end when he plays catch with his dad.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

+ Reply to Thread