+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Now to the movies that made you cry?

The Color Purple

The beginning, when Glover made Celie's sister leave, when Sugg Avery went singing to her father and he finally hugged her, a bitter sweet moment was when Celie threw the little girl chocolates and was seeing Nettie in her mind, and when and older Celie and Nettie reunited at the end.

FORT Newbie
    I cry to all sorts of movies, but the one that really had me sobbing was K-Pax with Kevin Spacey. When they discover the truth about what happened to his wife and child, that just breaks my heart.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    "I am Sam" was heartbreakingly sweet.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by lisahasamac
    And the worst that I can remember in the past year, is easily "The Passion of the Christ". Sounds cliche, I know. I am not a hugely religious individual, but oh my goodness. I am a mother, and I lost it when she had the child flashback, when he fell down. The tears flowed heavily throughout that entire film.
    I know!! The other scenes were sad and all, but that one did it, the flashback when he falls and she goes running to pick him up, and hugs him But i didn`t cry, i couldn`t, the tears were in my eyes, ready to come out pouring, but i was watching it with a cousin that had already seen it and everytime something sad came on she would hit my shoulder and say "dont cry". That scene was so touching.

Titanic: almost cried when Rose lets go of frozen Jack, and you could see him sink away.

I never cried in movies before, but now, if i rent a movie and watch it by myself i will cry my heart out, if i`m not alone, i won`t, i can`t.

Brians Song.

i saw the notebook today. that did it

Yes, yes to the original Brian's Song. I have dozens that have made me cry. I'll try to pick a few that I don't think have been mentioned yet.

An Affair to Remember (when Cary Grant saw the wheelchair)
    Field of Dreams
    A Chorus Line (I've been through the audition process)
    Fiddler on the Roof

I'm such a wuss.

Dancer in the Dark
    King of Masks
    Any film by Miyazaki - Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke
    Antwone Fisher (Wow! No one mentioned this tearjerker?)
    Requiem for a Dream
    A.I.
    F9/11

I know was supposed to cry while watching In America and Whale Rider but I didn't.

Grave of the Fireflies

That is THE saddest movie. Ever.
    I want to see that movie bad! But no videostore seems to be carrying it.

AI (when "Mommy" leaves him in the woods)
    How about the return of Mommy near the end.
    Last edited by happyblue; 07-11-2004 at 06:16 PM.

The Notebook...I know that is a tear jerker...but I have not cried that much during a movie in my life.....I cried Five times...

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    what made me cry was a veggietales dvd called "a snoodle's tale" made me sob and my son look at me like i was on drugs. it's about a little snoodle that gets made fun of and told he can't do anything right and then he meets God and He tells the little snoodle that he's (the snoodle) is perfect the way he is. i just started sobbing!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

+ Reply to Thread