+ Reply to Thread

Thread: View from the Top - 03/21

View from the Top - 03/21

[IMG]images/stor/view.jpg[/IMG]
    View From the Top

Synopsis: A comedy centering around Donna, a young woman from meager beginnings, who has high hopes for the future and dreams of living the glamorous life. Donna dreams of becoming a first class international flight attendant, and is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that her dreams come true. The road to success though, is rarely a smooth flight, and as she
    begins her trip she encounters more turbulence than even she bargained for. But the real question is whether her bumpy start will force her to leave her real dreams behind, or if it will take her on a journey of a lifetime.

Statistics
    Genre(s):, Comedy Rating: MPAA PG-13 for language/sexual references Runtime: n/a Theatrical Release: 03/21/2003

Cast & Role
    Gwyneth Paltrow -Donna
    Kelly Preston - Donna's Friend/Co-worker
    Christina Applegate -Donna's Chief Competitor
    Candice Bergen - Sally
    Mark Ruffalo - Donna's New Boyfriend
    Marc Blucas -Donna's Small Town Boyfriend
    Jon Polito - Roy Roby
    Mike Myers -

Crew & Credit
    Bruno Barreto - Director

Hm..I don't know about this one. From the previews, it didn't look to funny to me.

I've seen the previews and trailers for this a few times.

I would say this one has high odds of having shown all of the funny parts in the preview. I do like Mike Myers though.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Bill.
    Some of the parts I've seen weren't even all that funny.
    I tink Christina Applegate is adorable but she never seems to be in very good movies imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This is an extremely strange movie. The only saving grace might be Mike Myers.

I crack up every time they show that clip of him saying "you've put the wrong emphASis on the wrong syllABle."

I like it when he's causing a scene during a training exercise and he's wearing a top with "disgruntled passenger" on it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"Where's my warm nuts!?"

I think it is telling that he has minor billing in the movie, but a significant amount of screentime in the previews.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey

Gwynneth, would you please fluff my pillow?

Perhaps we should view this film as a nostalgic look at the way airline travel used to be.

I am going just by the previews that are being thrown at us on a daily basis.

On my first flight to Hawaii, the flight attendants were dressed in fitted muumuus (if they can be described as such) and they served authentic Hawaiian food in a carved wooden dish. The Mai Tais had little orchids floating on top. It was a lovely trip.

Either this entire memory is something I dreamed up, or it truly happened, but only once.

I have been to Hawaii many times since and now it's become a skybus to say the least. The flight attendants are cranky, the blankets are of some by-product made from an unknown substance and there are more crying babies on board than ever before.

+ Reply to Thread