+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxim's Hot 100 For 2007

Maxim's Hot 100 For 2007

# 1

Lohan tops Maxim's Hot 100 but Britney, Paris miss | Lifestyle | Reuters

Lohan tops Maxim's Hot 100 but Britney, Paris miss
    Tue May 15, 2007 3:06PM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Actress Lindsay Lohan has topped Maxim magazine's list of the 100 hottest women in the world -- while her celebrity late-night party friends Britney Spears and Paris Hilton failed to make the cut.

Lohan, fresh out of rehab, toppled "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria to lead the magazine's eighth annual "Hot 100" list for the first time after making her debut at number four in the list in 2005 and edging up to number three last year.

Longoria, who held the crown for the past two years, slipped down to ninth in the list that is made up of women from film, television, music, sports and fashion.

"There is no other star in the world that causes more of a stir in the public eye than Lindsay. Her every move is watched and reported on," said Maxim's editor-in-chief Jimmy Jellinik in a statement on Tuesday.

Lohan, who is currently starring in the movie "Georgia Rule" in which she plays a troubled young woman, said she was thrilled.

"I couldn't be more flattered to be honored as the number 1 girl in Maxim's Hot 100 list!" Lohan said in the statement.

Lohan, 20, shot to stardom as a kid in Disney movies but her fame grew so did her club hopping in Los Angeles.

In July last year, the producer of "Georgia Rule," wrote to Lohan calling her behavior "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional" because she was showing up late to the set.

In January, Lohan checked herself into a Los Angeles rehabilitation clinic for one month.

Joining Lohan in the top 10 of the list are actresses Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson, singer Christina Aguilera, actresses Jessica Biel, Ali Larter, Eva Mendes, singer Rihanna, Longoria and singer Fergie.

But Jellinik said as notable as those who made the list this year were some of the women that didn't make the cut -- including celebrity heiress and reality TV star Paris Hilton, singer Britney Spears, and actresses Mary Kate Olsen and Jennifer Aniston.

He said the list chosen by the magazine focused on the most successful women of the year with undeniable beauty and a promise of greater things to come over the next year.

At the height of Lohan, Spears and Hilton's partying last year, the New York Post ran a picture of the three celebrities out on town under the headline "Bimbo Summit."

Previous winners of the Maxim crown include Jessica Simpson in 2004, Christina Aguilera in 2003, Jennifer Garner in 2002 and Jessica Alba in 2001.

Full List: Maxim's Hot 100 - Entertainment News Story - KNTV | San Francisco

Full List: Maxim's Hot 100
    1. Lindsay Lohan
    2. Jessica Alba
    3. Scarlett Johansson
    4. Christina Aguilera
    5. Jessica Biel
    6. Ali Larter
    7. Eva Mendez
    8. Rihanna
    9. Eva Longoria
    10. Fergie
    11. Sienna Miller
    12. Angelina Jolie
    13. Beyonce Knowles
    14. Katherine Heigl
    15. Avril Lavigne
    16. Ashlee Simpson
    17. Maria Sharapova
    18. Megan Fox
    19. Cameron Diaz
    20. Keira Knightley
    21. Kate Beckinsale
    22. Nicole Scherzinger
    23. Hilary Duff
    24. Sophia Bush
    25. Elisha Cuthbert
    26. Nelly Furtado
    27. Kate Hudson
    28. Carmen Electra
    29. Sarah Silverman
    30. Rebecca Romijn
    31. Amy Smart
    32. Lacey Chabert
    33. Roselyn Sanchez
    34. Vanessa Minnillo
    35. Jennifer Garner
    36. Jamie King
    37. Ashley Olsen
    38. Shakira
    39. Rachel Bilson
    40. Moon Bloodgood
    41. Jessica Simpson
    42. Minka Kelly
    43. Kate Mara
    44. Rose McGowan
    45. Bar Refaeli
    46. Kristen Bell
    47. Katharine McPhee
    48. Mandy Moore
    49. Mischa Barton
    50. Miss Maxim
    51. Alessandra Ambrosio
    52. Kate Walsh
    53. Adriana Lima
    54. Missy Peregrym
    55. Halle Berry
    56. Michele Merkin
    57. Tricia Helfer
    58. Penelope Cruz
    59. Jamie-Lynn Sigler
    60. Jessica White
    61. Nadine Velazquez
    62. Danneel Harris
    63. Bianca Kajlich
    64. Lena Headey
    65. Autumn Reeser
    66. Joanna Krupa
    67. Gabrielle Union
    68. Evangeline Lilly
    69. Danica Patrick
    70. Stacy Keibler
    71. Willa Ford
    72. Ciara
    73. Mena Suvari
    74. Tara Conner
    75. April Scott
    76. Diora Baird
    77. Hilary Burton
    78. Joss Stone
    79. Adrianne Palecki
    80. Abbie Cornish
    81. Emmanuelle Chriqui
    82. Dita Von Teese
    83. Ivanka Trump
    84. Hometown Hottie
    85. Kelly Ripa
    86. Michelle Trachtenberg
    87. Padma Lakshmi
    88. Raquel Alessi
    89. Haylie Duff
    90. Salma Hayek
    91. Isla Fisher
    92. Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    93. Christina Milian
    94. Kelly Carlson
    95. The Avatars of Second Life
    96. Shanna Moakler
    97. Kim Kardashian
    98. Yunjin Kim
    99. Mia Maestro
    100. Noureen DeWolf

Re: Maxim's Hot 100 For 2007

Noting the sister duo's - Ashlee beat out sis Jessica. Haylie Duff is almost at the bottom while Hilary is much higher up. Ashley Olsen on the list but I didn't see Mary-Kate (and they're twins!). Some of these women I've never heard of. I wonder how they did their voting.

So Lindsey is hot because she's drunk/high all of the time? Good lord.

Note that the MAGAZINE picks and ranks these, not actual real people. So they arbitrarily toss, lets say, Paris Hilton and keep Lindsey? I think that was to humor people!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

JR.

I have no doubt Maxim did this as a publicity stunt, subscriptions must be lagging. Lohan is a mess. The rest of that list isn't bad, Fergie is way too high though.

FORT Fogey

For the life of me I don't understand what people see in Jessica Biel....
    who is # FIVE on the list

I can agree with much of it.

Jessica Alba is indeed just about physically perfect. Scarlett Johansson is a bit top-heavy, but is certainly a lot of people's fantasy. Christina Aguilera is up there as one of those "talent makes you hot" things, since while pretty physically attractive, her looks are a bit unconventional. Jessica Biel, I get that, even if Justafan1 doesn't.

Some stuff is weird. I mean Eva Longoria is now #9. But wasn't she #1 last year? Did she suddenly massively age in the past year? Probably not. Angelina Jolie has been knocked down to #12 for being a weirdo again lately, I think. Katherine Heigl has been getting SO much press the past year I would have expected them to place her higher.

Lower down: Joss Stone (#78) USED to be really really cute, but she died her hair some horrible purple color this year. Tricia Helfer (#57) probably would was probably MUCH higher on this list a year or two ago I bet, when Battlestar Galactica was red hot. Rose McGowan (#44) would have probably been much higher if that Grindhouse thing had been a bigger hit. Padma Lakshmi (#87) looked like a hootchie girl on most of Top Chef, so I guess that's what Maxim is into this year.

But beauty is even more subjective than lets say... music. On that level these lists always crack me up, because they really are "who is hot" in another sense other than physical. I mean it helps that someone like Alba has symmetrical features, and great skin, and no fat, athletic but not masculine muscles and yet also noticeable curves--and so I doubt many would question her presence on a list like this. But SO many people might go through this list and tick off items, like "Keira Knightley? Too skinny." and contrast that with "Scarlett Johansson? Boobs too big.", "Christina Aguilera? Too short." and maybe even "Katherine Heigl? Too tall!". Somebody's gonna think each of those things, probably.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-16-2007 at 07:19 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

95. The Avatars of Second Life
    What an age we live in!

I'm okay with numbers 3 and 44, but the mention of Second Life destroys any and all credibility this list had. I'm not joking!

70. Stacy Keibler
    Being a huge wrestling fan and aspiring diva, I have to say CONGRATS to Miss. Stacy for making us WWE fans proud
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2392850;
    # 1

He said the list chosen by the magazine focused on the most successful women of the year with undeniable beauty and a promise of greater things to come over the next year.
    Err, since when is alcohol, drugs, wild promiscuity, rehab considered successful? Uh huh, what a great number 1.

the top ten this year sucks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast