+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin's phone meltdown

Re: Alec Baldwin's phone meltdown

My two cents on this is I feel bad for Baldwin. He got sandbagged by his kid or more likely Kim.
    My parents are no less great parents because they yelled at me when I was a kid. The media really sucks sometimes.

I'm writing first then will go back and read the thread. I have always felt bad for Kim Basinger thinking that she is made to look crazy..........he looks like the good guy. Something about him screams abusive to me. I don't know why.

I was shocked and disgusted when I heard this. It made me feel so bad for Ireland but, even more so Kim Basinger.

I think it's wrong if her "camp" leaked it but, she must get so frustrated with how he seems to be Mr. Wonderful and she's just the crazy woman.

I hope it all works out for the little girl. Really very sad. I felt sick when I first heard his rant.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2341607;
    Listening to it... there are parts which are bad, but to be honest I've heard FAR worse.
    He called his 11 year old a pig. There is no way this can be explained or reasoned IMO. It is abusive and disgusting.

After reading this entire thread I have to say.....nope nope nope.

My father was never the perfect Dad by any means but, he never spoke to me anything like that. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I had been in an abusive relationship (I don't know how it happened) thank god I got out of it but, I heard that and I cringed.

He is scary.

No excuses. Just disgusting. My god she is 11 years old!

Who cares what lead up to it or whatever. It is just wrong wrong and more wrong.
    Last edited by JamiLee; 04-22-2007 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2344605;
    He called his 11 year old a pig. There is no way this can be explained or reasoned IMO. It is abusive and disgusting.
    Maybe Ireland can call Al Sharpton.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2343898;
    My two cents on this is I feel bad for Baldwin. He got sandbagged by his kid or more likely Kim.
    My parents are no less great parents because they yelled at me when I was a kid. The media really sucks sometimes.
    I cannot believe you seriously feel bad for him. Calling an 11 year old girl a pig?

FORT Fanatic

He has been reported to have an anger problem on other movie sets before. I think what was heard is just a sampling of what he gives his daughter and others and probably a lot worse to Kim. Calling his daughter a pig isn't even the worst of the rant it is the spirit and the intensity of the whole thing. It was very threatening and kept escalating and meant to intimidate that child.

I don't really blame her for leaking it I would imagine she had enough of his abuse and enough of seeming as if she was a counter part to two people who just can't get along in a custody battle when really I suspect he is irrational and abusive and yet she is forced to support a relationship for him and his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2344624;
    He has been reported to have an anger problem on other movie sets before. I think what was heard is just a sampling of what he gives his daughter and others and probably a lot worse to Kim. Calling his daughter a pig isn't even the worst of the rant it is the spirit and the intensity of the whole thing. It was very threatening and kept escalating and meant to intimidate that child.

I don't really blame her for leaking it I would imagine she had enough of his abuse and enough of seeming as if she was a counter part to two people who just can't get along in a custody battle when really I suspect he is irrational and abusive and yet she is forced to support a relationship for him and his daughter.
    Im not ready to judge his parenting skills on a 30 second phone message that is part of a bitter divorce case. He should not have called his kid a pig.

The 30 second phone message isn't part of a bitter divorce case. The 30 second phone message is part of a father's relationship with his 11 year old daughter.

This father should be just as concerned about keeping any divorce issues from his daughter. He failed miserably. And considering his 20 year issue with anger management, I find it very, very hard to believe that this was an isolated incident.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2345185;
    The 30 second phone message isn't part of a bitter divorce case. The 30 second phone message is part of a father's relationship with his 11 year old daughter.
    Isn't it both? I've always been of the impression that Alec and Kim's fights over the custody and care of Ireland is the biggest issue in all of the bitterness of their relationship. I completely agree that neither of them should involve Ireland AT ALL in their fights with each other, but I don't think this whole thing can be divided neatly between the divorce and his relationship with his daughter in two separate compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2341970;
    Broadway, I don't think there was any excuse for it, either. Calling his child names. It's disgusting. I say that, btw, with full knowledge that she may be the biggest brat in the world. It doesn't matter, though. You don't call a child rude names. They may both be bad parents, I don't know. But I know I wouldn't want Alec around any child of mine. :nono
    This is so disturbing to me. I can't imagine a parent saying such horrible things to his child. I don't care how mad he is. I can only imagine how terrified Ireland and Kim Basinger were to hear that message. He's had anger issues and temper issues before, too. I can remember when he was on Celebrity Fit Club and he just had a really rude attitude towards everyone. And I definitely wouldn't want him anywhere near any child of mine, either. I hope he realizes that if he keeps having tyrades like that, the judge will order that he have no contact whatsoever with his daughter and he'll lose her forever. You don't say things like that to a child no matter how angry or frustrated you are. I can't comment on Kim Basinger because I honestly haven't heard anything about her parenting.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread