+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grindhouse

Grindhouse

Grindhouse (2007)

Wow, what a film. I was able to see it last night at 10:00 PM in Downtown LA and it was the best movie experience I've ever had.

Planet Terror - Well this was a dissapointment out of the two. Not that it was bad but I expected this to be the more fun out of the two but it felt dragged out at times. One of the great upsides though was Marley Shelton. Beautiful girl there. 8.5/10

Death Proof - Now this is what you call a movie. The first quarter of the film was really dragged out but when Rosario Dawson, Zoe Bell and all of those girls came into the film is when it really picked up. The great dialogue in all the scenes. The crazy car chase. Classic Quentin. Also loved all of the signature QT foot shots 10/10

The "Faux Trailers" were also really great. My favorite was Machete though. So many great cameos. And Danny Trejo is awesome.
    Last edited by iv3rdawG; 04-06-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

I'm dying to see this one. I saw a bunch of trailers during the Spike Horror Awards (I watched it twice - you have to love an award show where Rob Zombie is the big winner). The Rose McGowan character looks fabulous.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ya Rose does a great job in both films, actually. I particullary enjoyed Zoe Bell who is an actual stunt women so she did all of her stunts in Death Proof. Good stuff
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

I read Zoe Bell was Uma Thurmann's stunt double in the Kill Bill movies. How great for her that she was able to act in a role of her own - I assume that was Tarantino's doing. I can't wait to see it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ya she was. I heard somewhere that Quentin said that doing a movie without Zoe would be crazy, so he had to bring her along to do this. It's great to see her have a big role too.

I want to see it but not yet, I have 2 movies to see before it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Re: Grindhouse

Fastest 3+ hour movie I ever sat through.

And now for the apples to oranges:

Planet terror got right into the action and stayed there.. but it was so out there and unrealistic, that it really wasn't that exciting. I mean, it had quite a few funny parts, some ewwwww parts and some cool looking stuff. But nothing that got my heart rate up ya know.

Death proof was really slow to start, a lot of typical Tarantino long booring chatty stuff. Once the action started it was pretty frikkin sweet though. The humor was a wee campy. But that's the point. I started contracting like crazy during the best part, but there was no way I was leaving! It stopped shortly after that. The ending was so abrupt, I think I litterally said out loud "what the BEEP?!"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I loved the movie thought it was awsome and would recomend it to anyone ...the fake trailers gave it that extra oomph! "Thanksgiving" was a bit extreme (the whole girl on the trampoline & knife made me cringe) ...and "don't" just cracked me up...but I agree with iv3rdawG "Machete" was the best.

I definately looked away during the trampoline scene.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I'm suppose to go and see this tomorrow with my daughter. She loves QT movies as much as me.

Glad to hear it seems good on here. I probably would have had to go see it by myself if it weren't for my daughter being home for a bit. Not one of my friends would see this movie. Too gory for them. Actually, I've one gf that likes gore/scary but, you know QT is just different. I LOVE his work.

I'll post about what I think after I see it. Not that anyone really cares about my opinion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast