+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grindhouse

Re: Grindhouse

My sweetie and his brother saw this movie and loved it. But they love these kind of movies too. However, they would never let a young child see it and know that I would probably get nightmares.

To each his own.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was going to see it tomorrow night with my ex-boyfriend (I know that sounds weird)

I cancelled because I'm going to N.Y. for something like 4 days.

I think I wanted an excuse to get out of going out with my ex anyway.

My daughter and her friends and me are going to the movies Tuesday night and we are going to see this OR Disturbia. I'll leave it up to them.

When a movie first comes out that I'm interested in (which I was really in this one) if I don't go see it right away I tend to lose interest.

Honestly, reading the thread here made me lose some interest too.

I want to walk out of a theater feeling 'wowed'. Not just that it's "first half bad second half great".

I know you are all dying to read my review though! So, if I do see it in N.Y. I will write about it!!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

oh my god...one of my new fave movies. And I actually prefer Planet Terror. I looove a zombie movie in ANY form..good, bad, cheesy, black and white...dont care, and this is def one of my favorites. Rose Mcgowan is seriously hot, she's the only woman I would go straight for....

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy;2429150;
    Rose Mcgowan is seriously hot, she's the only woman I would go straight for....
    LOL!! She used to be my super girl crush. Till she lost too much weight and jacked up her face. I mourn for her Charmed days
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I don't know if it's an attempt to milk more money out of the project, or some misconception that Europeans wouldn't get the double feature format, but upon its release in Europe, the Grindhouse movies have been chopped up in two portions. One movie at the time, that is. I went to see Death Proof the other week and LOVED it. Wicked dialogue, amazing soundtrack, great story, and overall a big old rollercoaster ride of a flick. Zoe Bell was beyond cool. Can't wait for Planet Terror, which unfortunately doesn't open until late August over here. I really wish I could have been able to watch both movies as a double feature, the way it was intended with the fake trailers and all.

Here's a question for any ANTM aficionados that might have seen Death Proof: is it just me, or does the shorthaired girl with glasses resting on Quentin's arm in a bar scene about 45 minutes into the movie look an awful lot like cycle 3's Amanda? If it weren't for the fact that I haven't read anything about it here, I'd be willing to swear on a stack of Bibles that it is her. Also, isn't she an Austin resident? Any thoughts, people? This is driving me crazy!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

This movie was amazing. I saw it the first day it came out, first showing cause I was so excited.
    I'm mad it's getting split for DVD, but oh well.

I'm alright with it. As long as both are getting 2-Disc treatments and they both are, so it's fine with me. The only thing I'm mad about on both sets is that there aren't going to be any of the fake trailers (Don't, Thanksgiving, Machete, and Werewolf Women of the SS) on either DVD. So hopefully later on (like Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair and Sin City Unrated (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)) we will get a fully loaded uncut, extended DVD including a lot of special features and fake trailers.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123