+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300

Hollywood.com : Your entertainment source for movies, movie times, movie reviews, celebrities, celebrity photos and celebrity news.

In the ancient Battle of Thermopylae, King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy.

Director Credit
    Zack Snyder Director

Cast Credit
    Gerard Butler King Leonidas
    Lena Headey Queen Gorgo
    Michael Fassbender Stelios
    Vincent Regan Captain
    Dominic West Theron
    Tom Wisdom Astinos
    Andrew Pleavin Daxos
    Andrew Tiernan Ephialtes
    Rodrigo Santoro Xerxes
    David Wenham Dilios

The trailer has some very graphic scenes.

Loved the trailers. I understand that the movie follows the Frank Miller graphic novel very closely so visually it looks like great fun. Still I hope Frank Miller wrote a better story than that piece of self indulgent crap 'Sin City'.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Can't wait for this movie. It looks so good on the trailers.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

On the MTV site, you can watch 300 seconds of the movie - not a trailer. I seriously want to see this movie now.
    300 Seconds Of '300' | '300' EXCLUSIVE: 300 SECONDS OF MAYHEM | MTV

Also, the gym where they trained for the movie is an interesting story in itself.
    Gym Jones - Knowledge - "300"

Part of the Warner Bros press kit reads, “To support fight preparation the training emphasized athleticism by combining compound movements, lifting, and throwing. Primitive tools – medicine balls, Kettlebells, rings – were used instead of machines. Each session was competitive, with a penalty-reward system tied to performance and results posted daily for all to see.”

This sort of training seems perfectly normal to us but others find it unusual and many got hung up on the penalty part, or the fact that one penalty session was called “Loser’s Redemption”. One individual commented, “You call people ‘losers’? That’s unkind.” And the answer is that we’re not here to make friends; there’s a job and it’s got to be done.

The typical interviewer wants to know about the “magic” workout the cast did to make them look so good. Some were disappointed to learn that hard work is magic, while others marveled – as did we some days – that the actors would work so hard.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I didn't post in time but the History Channel is showing a documentary about the 300 Spartans. It's on right now but airs again at 1:00 am if anyone wants to dvr it. It's 2 hours long. What I've watched so far is pretty interesting. I'm sure the movie will take historical liberties.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    Saw this last night and it was Awesome! It was 90% men in the seats and there was alot of hooting and clapping at the end.
    Every shot in this movie was just beautiful and the battle scenes were incredible. Not much in the plot to really move you like Gladiator but I did enjoy it!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    This movie is simply amazing. I have never seen a movie with such stunning visuals. The story is great but it is truly the visuals that makes the movie. I feel a lot of women would like but probably not love it like men would due to some scenes.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Loved this movie. So fantastic and definately not the gore fest that some critics are saying. There were some unpleasant scenes like when the son (Astinos?) of the Captain dies but the hacking and slashing was so artistic it wasn't gory to me. Absolutely beautiful cinematography especially with it almost all digital.

I definately want to see it again.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I am absolutely floored that the movie made 70 million (and counting) this weekend! That is really amazing for this movie. Everyone seems to really have positive things to say. So my question is, is this a movie that you have to see in the theatre to truly appreciate it?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2275175;
    I am absolutely floored that the movie made 70 million (and counting) this weekend! That is really amazing for this movie. Everyone seems to really have positive things to say. So my question is, is this a movie that you have to see in the theatre to truly appreciate it?
    Just for the visual effects - YES!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast