+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1224

Thread: The Trials and Tribulations of Anna Nicole Smith

FORT Fogey
    One other interesting bit of news from Jean Casarez' report on Court TV today: Under Bahamaian law the judge is not required to grant custody based soley on DNA results, but he can consider other factors as well, such as where he thinks the best interests of the child will be served. So it's not necessarily a slam dunk for Birkhead if he is determined to be the biological father. One of the reasons for HKS to appeal and therefore postpone the testing as long as possible is the longer he has custody of Dannielynn, the better for him to be able to say the baby has been with him since birth and has therefore bonded to him.

When asked by Jean Casarez if there was a deal in the works (with HKS), Birkhead said "no deal, this is not a game show." And Jean said her sources tell her there has been no contact between HKS' reps and Birkhead's.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2288552;
    The court has ordered a DNA test to be done tomorrow. Howard K. will try to appeal the order, overnight.

Anna is dead. She left a crappy will, and folks can only offer 'hearsay' as to what they say her decisions were. The living are able to fight for what they want, with legal representation. Dead people don't have too much of a say, unless they leave a legal document. Once again, I say, life is for the living. Anna should have taken care of her business while she was alive, if she wanted to assure that things were handled certain ways.
    Anna's relevant wishes were on video tape. The only factual wish that wasn't on tape, but was plainly evident to anyone that isn't self-serving in this situation is whether she wanted to be buried in the Bahamas next to her son. But even that is blatantly evident based upon the fact that 1) she bought the plots, and 2) she has unfailingly shown her devotion to her son both during his life and after his death. Anna's wishes are quite obvious.

And to say that the living are able to fight for what they want is insane, and the reason there's this mess. This has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone living wants when it so clearly contradicts what the intent of the deceased.

Virgie has bought a $500,000 house? Yeah, right. She's got two unemployed kids and her daughter is a bus driver. Where'd they scrape together at least $500,000 for a house and more for a nanny? Too funny. But I believe at this point she's just filing for temporary custody until parentage can be established so who knows if that financial requirement is necessary. Would the judge give custody, even temporary, to a non-resident? It doesn't sound like it.

Good ol' Larry has been raking in the bucks by selling his story to tabloids and to BravoTV for a half an hour long special. He's no longer hurting.

Nor is Howard.

But at least they aren't lying about that fact. Family, my hiney.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I don't really care where any of their money is coming from. It's obvious that all of them are well subsidized. I think that this could have all been avoided if Stern had gone ahead and agreed to the dna tests, but he didn't think so. I guess they will just hope that people keep on supporting them until some decision is made, eventually. Maybe Vergie has found a free house to live in. It seems to be working well for Stern.

And while I personally wouldn't care to be married five times, and have children by each one, I fail to see why that would be considered selfish.

I can't put a lot of importance in any of Anna's slurred ramblings about how she hated her mother. I doubt tht she could have told us what day of the week it was, she was so out of it.
    Last edited by Muduh; 03-20-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2288438;
    If I heard right...which strip club did she, physically, drag Anna from?
    I don't recall hearing that she physically removed ANS from any club; she did however show up in the clubs in her cop uniform and plainly stated to the managers that she would show up every night, in uniform, as long as her daughter worked there.

I never said Vergie was perfect, nor did I say she was a good mother, I simply stated that I felt bad for her.

FORT Fogey
    Maybe Vergie has found a free house to live in. It seems to be working well for Stern.
    If HKS is called a freeloading dirtbag for living in a "free" house, then that would make Virgie ... a freeloading dirtbag!

I personally wouldn't care to be married five times, and have children by each one, I fail to see why that would be considered selfish.
    Unstable home environment for the children. Virgie's busy dumping one husband and finding another, all the kids see is a revolving door of daddies coming and going. That's selfish.

I can't put a lot of importance in any of Anna's slurred ramblings about how she hated her mother. I doubt tht she could have told us what day of the week it was, she was so out of it.
    Is that you, Virgie??

FORT Fan
    My take on this whole mess is that if I was DL at the age of tween years, finds all THIS information on the internet or where ever and find out that my Bio dad (whoever he may be) and Grandma fought this hard to keep ME with them. I tell you what, there would be hell to pay if I went all that time and never got to KNOW them. All I'm saying......

And if you then found out all of the things that your mother went through and the reasons WHY she didn't want you to have any involvement with your biological grandmother and, possibly, your biological father.........
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2289934;
    If HKS is called a freeloading dirtbag for living in a "free" house, then that would make Virgie ... a freeloading dirtbag!

Unstable home environment for the children. Virgie's busy dumping one husband and finding another, all the kids see is a revolving door of daddies coming and going. That's selfish.

Is that you, Virgie??
    I don't believe that I've called anyone a free loading dirtbag. That must have been your idea, not mine.

We really don't want to get into unstable home environment, do we? If we do, we will have to bring Daniel's upbringing into it and I doubt that anyone wants to go there. I never knew any of them personally, as some here seem to, but I can't see Vergie or anyone else going on a husband hunt every day or night. Vergie has been married five times over the period of what, forty years? I wouldn't think anyone would need to have a revolving door for that. Many young people have already been married two or three tmes, so give them time and they may catch up with her.

I resent the last question. Just because I'm not a HKS lover does not make me Vergie. Most everyone here knows exactly who I am, where I live, how old I am and anything else about me. Oh, I'm on my second husband, too.

FORT Fogey
    I don't believe that I've called anyone a free loading dirtbag.
    And no one said you did.

I can't see Vergie or anyone else going on a husband hunt every day or night. Vergie has been married five times over the period of what, forty years? I wouldn't think anyone would need to have a revolving door for that. Many young people have already been married two or three tmes, so give them time and they may catch up with her.
    Oh, my. There are no words.

I resent the last question. Just because I'm not a HKS lover does not make me Vergie. Most everyone here knows exactly who I am, where I live, how old I am and anything else about me. Oh, I'm on my second husband, too.
    I didn't think I'd need to point this out, but ... it was a joke. I'm sure no one here would mistake you for a HKS lover, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows exactly who you are. And congrats on that second hubby.
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 03-21-2007 at 01:25 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Dannielynn, Stern En Route to DNA Testing - TMZ.com

A video on the TMZ site shows HKS putting the baby in the car and driving away. Interestng that there was no entourage around them, just he and the baby.

Tax troubles? Can the IRS be far behind!

Anna's Company -- Shut Down Over Tax Trouble - TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)