+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Snake Moan

Black Snake Moan

Hollywood.com : Your entertainment source for movies, movie times, movie reviews, celebrities, celebrity photos and celebrity news.

There was a time when Lazarus played the blues; a time he got Bojo's Juke Joint shakin' back in the day. Now he lives them. Bitter and broken from a cheating wife and a shattered marriage, Lazarus' soul is lost in spent dreams and betrayal's contempt--until Rae. Half naked and beaten unconscious, Rae is left for dead on the side of the road when Lazarus discovers her. The God-fearing, middle-aged black man quickly learns that the young white woman he's nursing back to health is none other than the town tramp from the small Tennessee town where they live. Worse, she has a peculiar anxiety disorder. He realizes when the fever hits, Rae's affliction has more to do with love lost than any found. Abused as a child and abandoned by her mother, Rae is used by just about every man in the phone book. She tethers her only hope to Ronnie, but escape to a better life is short-lived when Ronnie ships off for boot camp. Desperation kicks in, as a drug-induced Rae reverts to surviving the only way she knows how, by giving any man what he wants to get what she needs--until Lazarus. Refusing to know her in the biblical sense, Lazarus decides to cure Rae of her wicked ways--and vent some unresolved male vengeance of his own. He chains her to his radiator, justifying his unorthodox methods with quoted scripture. Preacher R.L. intervenes, but it is Lazarus and Rae who redeem themselves. Unleashing Rae emotionally, Lazarus unchains his heart, finding love again in Angela. By saving Rae, he frees himself.

Director Credit
    Craig Brewer Director

Cast Credit
    Samuel L. Jackson Lazarus Woods
    Christina Ricci Rae
    Justin Timberlake Ronnie
    John Cothran Jr Preacher R.L.
    Michael Raymond-James Gill
    S Epatha Merkerson Angela
    Adriane Lenox Rose Woods
    Kim Richards Sandy
    David Banner Tehronne
    Neimus K Williams Lincoln

The trailer makes this movie look very promising. I like Samuel L. Jackson and Christna Ricci. The chemistry between them should make for an interesting plot.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 02-22-2007 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Added sentence

FORT Newbie
    I really love Samuel L. Jackson, Christina Ricci and Justin Timberlake. But unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see that movie and i'm not sure if i will be able to watch it. Is it worth watching?

Samuel L Jackson is in one dud after another imo.
    The very fact that he's in this movie means I won't see it at the theatre and will have to hear glowing reviews before I waste any time renting the dvd.
    I tihnk he's a really cool guy, but some of the movies he's in are stinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2253313;
    Samuel L Jackson is in one dud after another imo.
    The very fact that he's in this movie means I won't see it at the theatre and will have to hear glowing reviews before I waste any time renting the dvd.
    I tihnk he's a really cool guy, but some of the movies he's in are stinkers.
    You have got to watch E's The Soup take off on this movie they add the snakes from his airplane snake film it is hilarious, especially the guy they have playing the Christina Ricci role.

Can someone explain the title???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread