+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willard - 03/14

He was George McFly in Back to the Future.

I think this is a remake, but I'm not sure.

LG.
    It was older than I thought. The original Willard was in 1971, and starred Bruce Davidson and Ernie Borgnine.

Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ernest Borgnine?!? Well, hopefully, Ernest's character bought it in that movie. I always like him better when he dies in his movies, like Gary Busey.

Crispin Glover is definitely "eccentric" (his word on Letterman/Ferrell last night). He was kind of a creepy oddball in The River's Edge, too. He does generate some pretty memorable characters, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

There's an article about him and this movie in the new TV Guide (next week's). Something I didn't know, but he didn't appear in the second or third Back to the Future. They used a lookalike with prosthetics. He sued Spielberg over it. Apparently, he backed out of the sequels because he didn't like the moral of the movie.

He's a little wierd, but being a famous actor doesn't exempt you from the possibility of wierdness. He's also a well-respected painter.

I guess he freaked out his co-stars on the set, because on the first day of the shoot, while he was "getting into character", he apparently screamed at the top of his lungs "I didn't know there were going to be RATS!!!"

"I didn't know there were going to be RATS!!!" Now that's funny!
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I seem to remember that he wasn't in the sequels, too. Didn't realize he sued Spielberg over it. Did he win?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It didn't say. The lawsuit may still be pending, although it seems like it should be done by now, huh?

I found this:

The footage of Crispin Glover as George McFly shot for BTTF dancing at the "Enchantment Under the Sea" is the most obvious use of Crispin Glover's image as George McFly in the BTTF sequel. Glover sued Universal Studios and Executive Producer Stephen Spielberg over the improper use of his image in a film that he was not starring in or receiving any residual payments for. The proceeding was settled "with mutual satisfaction." SAG (the Screen Actors' Guild) now has strict rules about the illicit use of an actor's image because of the legal action brought about by Crispin Glover

Wow. That's really interesting. John, you always dig up the good dirt. Considering how terrible the sequals were, I can understand his outrage.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast